Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What have you learned?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:47 AM
  • 23 Replies

I have been a member of CM for almost 3 yrs now.I was wondering in your time on CM what have you learned ? Have you learned thngs like me about cultures ,religion,wars,family and parenting?Have you made lots of great friends to?I know I have and I wouldn't trade them for the world! I have also become a CM junky. This is about the only website I visit.Just what does CM have forhigh five you?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom0f2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:49 AM

I dont have many friends.  Honestly I would like more, but I dont know where to find them HAHAHA.  I have learned more about parenting choices, and about things I never even thought about.  I love the adult conversation, it makes me smile.

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:10 AM

I've learned that there are far more parenting styles than I ever imagined, lol.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:15 AM

I have learned things about different cultures/religions as well as a few things about myself.

1losttexan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:55 AM

I have learned alot of good and made great friend but unfortunately found out that just as in real life there are people who just can seem to be nice no matter what.

MemawBrie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:07 AM

I joined in Feb 2007, so I've been on cm going on 3 yrs.  I've met a lot of very good friends.  I've learned that, for the most part, people aren't much different than they are IRL.  That is, unless they're using alter egos because they're too afraid to be themselves.  I've also learned there are some pretty sick puppies out there. LOL  I've been able to stay up to date and informed concerning political issues.

GOBryan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:07 AM

I don't visit as much as I have but I've learned to be less confrontational. More restrained and less opinionated.  I'll rarely argue with someone.

If someone continues to argue, I just ignore them. Not because they've won or are right IMO but because it's not worth it.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:13 AM

i have made some really great friends on CM. the times when we have differences of opinions are just that...our own  life experiences to share. and we understand and don't get ugly. BUT...what i've also seen on here, and it's terrible, is the judging and "yelling" over things that have no impact on the judges/yellers life. they name call, and make people feel bad for their very normal choices...only because they're different.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:09 AM

I have met a lot of my friends that will be in my life forever.

The most important thing I have learned is that we can bicker and fight all day long...but when someone has a tragedy we come together like you wouldn't believe....

Gretchen2876
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

I have met a lot of my friends that will be in my life forever.

The most important thing I have learned is that we can bicker and fight all day long...but when someone has a tragedy we come together like you wouldn't believe....

I agree, it's beautiful isn't it!?

Your mind is like an umbrella in the rain, if it's open, it works. If it's closed..............

retsillacam
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:24 AM

That people are way more weird than I ever thought. There are some strange people in this world LOL. Oh and there is a huge need for a sarcasm font. We should get together and make one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)