Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Constipated at 3 weeks old. Help.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM
  • 3 Replies

A friend of mine recently had twins and as one is great the other his having constipation issues.  Doctor has no advice other than to not givem him applejuice which I thought was a "poop enducer" poor baby she's given him warm baths, back and belly massages, he's urinating fine, she's tried the q tip trick which didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions for her.  Please let me know thanks.  Baby is on ly 3 weeks old,

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lilblufrog
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:00 AM

It sounds like your friend has done pretty much everything. When ever my daughter was constipated as soon I got her to relax (bath/sleep) she would poop. Maybe try do a bicycle motion with the baby's legs.

abby9876
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Our doctor suggested prune juice mixed w/ breast milk/formula. It worked great for our daughter. I believe it was 1 tsp., but I'm not completely sure. I would call a nurse's line & ask for advice. Most hospitals have them & there are also ones you can find through google, etc..

-PB
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:52 AM

You could try 4 tablespoons of baking soda in his bath.  My ped suggested that for my LO.  Relaxes the shpincter muscles.  Watch out, baby may poo in the water!  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)