Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your kids where to school?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: What do they wear?

Options:

jeans and t shirt

khaki and button ups

school uniform

other... please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

I have 3 step sons so I try to let them pick out their own clothes but usually they were nice jeans and a nice t shirt. I do not allow them to where clothes with holes or stained up. I think they should look as neat as possible when they go to school.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM

My HS daughter wears jeans and tee shirts.  She has a couple pairs of jeans that have a few holes (bought that way) and she wears them sometimes.  I don't really like them.  They don't have half has many holes or as large as some kids wear.   At least in the winter she is smart enough not to wear them. 

Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Mine wear jeans and t'shirts with a button up over them...Mine are not allowed to ever wear clothes with holes in.....In school or out...(LOVE Sears Kidvantage..Kids wear them out before they out grow them they replace them free).... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:36 AM

they wear pretty much what they want to wear. Jeans or windpants and a nicer shirt. No button downs required on most days. DD will wear a skirt on occasion but usually in the spring or early part of the year. The school has a dress code and they follow it.

anetrnlov
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Pajamas.  This morning he is sporting his fleece Batman PJ's.

FortWorthMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM

DS has to wear a "uniform" to school. He is either in Khaki or Blue pants and a Different Colored Polo and it has to be a Plain colored Polo each day. Shorts in the spring but same thing has to be Khaki or Blue. DD is in Prek and she can wear whatever she wants. So whatever her Mom puts her in.

ttcboy n girlShauna J.White Wife,Mother and Friend!

4kidz916
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM

My kids normally wear a nice pair of jeans and a nice t-shirt.  My oldest is 17 and sometimes she wears a dressier shirt with jeans.  All of them are always neat in appearance, no holes or old looking clothes.

Jessymessy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:23 AM

dd has aspergers so part of her problem is textures. She will not wear jeans and most seams bother her. She is still young, 5 , so its ok, but i am not sure how it will work when she is older. She wears mostly leggings, or tights with dresses or skirts.

GoodMomma24-7
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Khakis and polos - school uniform.

nettesmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 AM

My DD is VERY picky about her clothes.  She'll wear dresses when she has art or music, obviously when she has gym for the week she wears jeans and tshirts.  This morning SO drove her to the bus stop because it was raining here, and apparently she fell down and got muddy.  She cried the whole way to school on the bus.  She was so upset about mud on her knees that she had her teacher call me and bring her clothes to change into.

About 2 weeks ago DD ( please keep in mind she's 5 and in kindergarten) called me from school crying that she needed me to bring her clothes.  I thought she had an accident or something so I brought her clothes up there.  Only when I got there her clothes were totally dry, no accidents, totally clean and perfect.  I was like "Uh why did you NEED me to bring you nwe clothes?"  She told me (verbatium) "Another girl had the EXACT same outfit on, and I don't like her".  OMG seriosuly?  LOL kids....

CoeyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

My daughter is a college student of 24, so she pretty much wears whatever she wants to wear to school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)