Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any knitters? --Need help with a knitting project...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM
  • 1 Replies

So here is the pattern that i'm working on-- I'm to the point of putting my sleeves on a holder--Now here is my question--Do i knit the sleeve stitches and then put them on a holder, or do i just knit the body and when i get to sleeves, slip the sleeves off onto the holder? --Also it says to CO 2sts at each underarm--where exactly would the underarm be?

Thanks Ladies.

Raglan Cardigan Sweater
With smaller needles, CO 44 sts.
Work 3 rows k1, p1 ribbing, keeping first and last 4 sts in garter stitch (knit every row).
Change to larger needles.
Work next row, placing markers as follows:
k 9 sts for front, place marker, k 5 sts for sleeve, place marker, k 16 sts for back, place marker, k 5 sts for sleeve, place marker, k 9 sts for front (44 sts).

Continuing in St st and increase every knit row before and after each marker 7 times. Next row: Knit across row placing sleeve sts on a st holder. Keep body of sweater stitches on needles and CO 2 sts at each underarm. Work St st on body of sweater for 7 rows or about 1". Work 5 rows of ribbing with smaller needles. BO body stitches. Put sleeve stitches back on the needle (do either one sleeve or both at the same time with separate balls of yarn). Increase 1 st each end on the first row. Work St st for 1ΒΌ", then 4 rows of ribbing. BO. Sew underarm sleeves. Sew on buttons that can be buttoned through the garter stitch edge.

baby

baby development

Photobucket

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Knit & Crochet Moms

Check out this group. It has a lot of helpful women there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)