Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A job I don't wanna do

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

Last week our refridgerator started acting up.  I called the landlord and he was going to have a new one delivered on Friday.  Well on Thursday the fridge was working again so I called and told him to cancel the order for Friday. 

Wouldn't you know that Friday evening I go to get some ice out of the freezer and there is water in the ice trays and the ice cream is melting!  So a quick call to the landlord and the soonest I can get a new fridge is Wednesday.  (Sigh)

We've kept the fridge/freezer pretty much closed in order to minimize spoilage but now it's room temp and I've got to start purging.  All that money...makes me wanna cry...Good thing I didn't do the big monthly shopping yet...I would cry.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
monshine2
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Get an ice chest and put stuff in there with ice....

ajswenson
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Get coolers and ice...that would save some.

SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM

What we did for the hurricanes was fill up our ice chests with ice and put the food in there. A bag of ice is going to cost you like $2 if that and everyone has a cooler of some sort. You can atleast save a little! you will probably have to cook the frozen stuff (meats or veggies or whatever) this week though, since it'll thaw out.

I'm sorry that really sucks. Even if the fridge starts working again don't cancel this time! It's obviously broken and a new fridge is awesome!

Our family is little and broken, but still good.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:29 PM

One nice thing about leaning towards vegetarianism...no meat in the freezer, the eggs are gone, ice cream and frozen yogurts bit the dust (made milk shakes though), Milk is no good, cheeses gonna get tossed.  The apples and potatoes are salvageable, they don't really need cold.  Dressings and sauces have to go because most are cream based.  It's really not that bad, I just feel so ummmmm frustrated LOL

sorgegal5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Our fridge didnt break but my middle son decided it was OK to unplug the deepfreeze.  After a week of not needing anything and going to get something the stench was enough to knock you over.  Everything had thawed and "MELTED" into a pond of OMG gonna go puke now.  Horrible memories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)