Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who else is in dire need of adult conversation?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

I feel like my brain is melting sitting here all day everyday with no one to talk to other than my 2 1/2 year old! All my friends work during the day, so I really don't have anyone to talk to until my dh gets home. = (

Anyone else going through this? What do ya'll do to prevent yourselves from going out of your minds from boredom?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kristinaleann
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:01 PM

yep. I am right there with you! It gets lonely! I pass my time on cafe mom, cleaning and playing with my babies! But still after a while all those gets boring also!!!

One thing that I have started doing is reading. I used to NEVER read. NOw i find it quite relaxing and it helps pass the time til DH gets here!

Elyce225
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

EVERYDAY! I have a 20 month old and a 5 month old who I am a sahm to. I always catch myself singing kid show theme songs in the shower.

RyansMommy6407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Any good books?

Quoting kristinaleann:

yep. I am right there with you! It gets lonely! I pass my time on cafe mom, cleaning and playing with my babies! But still after a while all those gets boring also!!!

One thing that I have started doing is reading. I used to NEVER read. NOw i find it quite relaxing and it helps pass the time til DH gets here!

sorgegal5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Nicolas Sparks is my favorite author once I start to read his work I can't put it down.  Have  you looked into any MOMMY DAY OUT programs.

MemawBrie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I read, I like to do beading - making jewelry (I made necklaces and earrings for my daughter and myself for her wedding).  When I don't know what I want to do, I'll pass time playing Spider Solitaire.  I like to sew too.  You can only clean house so many times in a day - LOL.  Since I don't really have any little kids around anymore the silence can become deafening.  Trust me, they grow up way too fast ;-)  Between CM, FB and MS sometimes it's hard keeping up with all my friends and family.   

aimige
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I lnow I am.. the only adults I have to talk to is my parents during the day because I work with them..

RyansMommy6407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Not sure if there's anything like that in my area... Not a bad idea

Quoting sorgegal5:

Nicolas Sparks is my favorite author once I start to read his work I can't put it down.  Have  you looked into any MOMMY DAY OUT programs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)