Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What helps.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

I had a complete hysterectomy almost two years ago and ever since I have started HRT I have noticed that it is very difficult to lose weight. I'm open to any and all ideas for healthy weight loss.  Most of my weight is carried around the middle, BAD LOCATION!  I consider myself an active person, but I just can't get this weight to come off.  Give me some tips! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SavageGrl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I'm sporting a spare tire. Wish I could help. Will you settle for a hug?

hugs

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM

try herbs instead of typical htr...then try weight watchers

sorgegal5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Quoting EireLass:

try herbs instead of typical htr...then try weight watchers

I tried the herbal route for about a year but it just didn't have the effect I was needing. I was miserable to be honest. I just started the HRT about a month ago and although I feel better as far as symptoms go the weight has decided to join the party and doesn't know when to leave.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I had a complete hystie 16 years ago.  All I can offer is that you start eating more veggies, cut back as much of fats that you can and exercise, exercise, exercise. 

margroc
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I wish I had the answer!  I went through menopause early and gained 12 pounds in one month - all around the middle.  I have tried everything - even joined Jenny Craig - spent $1000 and lost 5 pounds!  At $200/lb I couldn't afford to continue LOL.  I think the only solution is to devote a heck of a lot of time to increasing your cardio and doing weight training.  I wish I had the time to devote to it.  I have to admit that at this stage of my life I also don't want to deny myself the occasional cookie.

realPatientMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Sorry Girl, you have got to do sit-ups, that is ALL thats going to help you.  Seriously, nothing else will work.

If anyone knows where we can sign up on an extended warrenty on our high metabolism, please let me know!!

There are 5 different sets you need to do, if you are interested pm me and I can walk you through them.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM

When I first split from my husband I began taking a kick boxing class, I dropped almost 40 pounds in a two month period.  Great and I was planning on keeping up with it, until my hernia perforated my lower intestine.  Now, I have to be very careful as to what I do exercise wise or else my hernia will act up.  I have found that using an "exerball" to do "crunches" and other exersies has helped whiddle the middle and I'm walking more weather permitting.   

StarShore
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I am going to start off by saying that I am NOT a health care professional, nor an exercise coach. However, I started gaining weight in my late 20s and it scared the hell out of me because my mom and sister were extremely obese. So I started to look around, talked to a few doctors, my grandmother (a nurse) and reading up on weight loss. Now this worked for me, my mom and sister..but it may not work for everyone..or even anyone else..

1) Change how you eat your meals. Eat a large meal for breakfast, medium (dinner) meal for lunch and and extremely small meal for dinner. Have a small snack mid morning and mid afternoon. Dont snack at night. Drink water if you're hungry.. At first you will drink a lot of water at night.  Yes remember to limit fats and sugars. But if you need a piece of cake, take one and then eat it in small bites.. You'll satisfy your cravings that way. Also, be aware of portions, You can't loose weight if you eat more then you exercise.

2) Exercise.. any and all forms are good. Kick boxing is great. Now here is what I've found out.. sit ups are great and they toan the muscles, but they don't get rid of belly fat. Leg lifts (laying on your back and raising your legs and keeping them up for 30 seconds at a time) and AEROBICS remove the spare tire. Swimming also gives a good aerobic workout.

3) Drink 8 8oz of water per day.

4) There are lots of herbs that help speed up your metabolism. Check them out. But be careful, remember herbs are medicine too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)