Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are so many conservative Christians so hateful?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM
  • 553 Replies

Seriously?  Why?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Replies (1-10):
mallypants
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I Don't know. BUMP

Elyce225
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I'm a conservative Christian and I'm not hateful.

dinaweena101
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM

why are HUMANS so hateful? Seriously!

I'm not a conservative Christian, but most of the people I know are and not one of them is hateful. The ones who get sensationalized make it seem more prevalent that it is, I think.

Are you talking about a specific personal experience?

PamR
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Not everyone is - but man, I see an awful lot of nastiness spewing out of some ladies who then want to tell me how religious they are - while condemning virtually every other social, political and religous philosopy there is. 

I guess I'm referring to some ladies I've seen here at CM.

Mandola21
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM

LOL here I am a christian answering this question... Because they truly have a sense of Holier than THOU you are living in sin and they are "perfect"...... So they must be right about everything and they're gonna save your soul by beating you with a bible...... These kinds of christians annoy the heck out of me and are scary.

PamR
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I'm a Christian, too, but not so conservative.  It just never ceases to amaze me to see some of the stuff I see here.

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM

because " The bible told me so"

LMAO  

dinaweena101
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM

this must be the answer. :-D I agree with this.

Quoting Mandola21:

LOL here I am a christian answering this question... Because they truly have a sense of Holier than THOU you are living in sin and they are "perfect"...... So they must be right about everything and they're gonna save your soul by beating you with a bible...... These kinds of christians annoy the heck out of me and are scary.

mferruz

Unfortunately I think we remember the bad Christians more than the good ones.  Just like with anything else, bad gets our attention more.  I've definitely met the hateful Christians, but my friends that are Christian are not like that at all.  A couple of them should give classes on how to be a Christian with true grace.

sorgegal5

I think anybody can be hateful in nature; Christian or not.  I do feel that if people are passionate about something they may become more vocal and not always in what comes across in a positive way.  That is unfortunate.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)