• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

boneless country spare ribs to cook tonight, how would you cook them?

Iam tired of the same old plop them in the oven with BBQ sauce!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CoeyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:47 PM

LOL only way I eat ribs...BARBECUE.  But I've done them in the crock pot as well as the oven.

kristinaleann
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I have never had them in the crock pot. I was looking for recipes and found some to cook them in the crock pot. I wish I would have thought to look earlier. Its too late to cook them in there now. It says it takes 4-5 hours. Supper is in 2 hours here lol

Quoting CoeyG:

LOL only way I eat ribs...BARBECUE.  But I've done them in the crock pot as well as the oven.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Cherry Cola Glazed Spare Ribs

Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008

Prep Time:
5 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
1 hr 45 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
6 servings

Ingredients

For Ribs:

• 1/3 cup Sandra Lee All-Purpose Rub
  • 2 tablespoons teriyaki mix (recommended: Kikkoman)
  • 3 racks pork spare ribs

For Glaze:

• 1 cup cherry cola
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1/3 cup cherry preserves
  • 2 tablespoons teriyaki mix (recommended: Kikkoman)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, combine All-Purpose Rub with 2 tablespoons teriyaki mix. Sprinkle seasoning over ribs and pat in.

Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan. Tightly cover with foil. Bake in oven for 1 hour.

While ribs are cooking, make glaze by combining glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 10 minutes and remove from heat.

Remove ribs from oven and carefully drain fat from roasting pan. Generously brush with glaze and continue baking ribs, uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes more or until tender, turning and brushing occasionally with glaze. Remove from grill and cut into servings. Serve hot with glaze on the side.

Duo BBQ Ribs

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse

Prep Time:
20 min
Inactive Prep Time:
12 hr 0 min
Cook Time:
3 hr 0 min
Level:
Intermediate
Serves:
about 6 servings

Ingredients

• 2 full racks of 3/down pork spare ribs
  • 3/4 cup Essence, more if needed, recipe follows
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 slabs of baby back ribs
  • 2 cups white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • Dash Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

In a mixing bowl, combine the Essence with the sugar. Blend thoroughly. Season the spare ribs entirely with the Essence mix. It is best to season the ribs, cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 12 hours. But this recipe is great just seasoning and placing right on the grill.

Season the baby back ribs with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, whisk the vinegar, hot pepper sauce and brown sugar together. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Place the ribs in a large dish and pour the sauce over the top. Cover the ribs and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for at least 12 hours.

Remove both the spare ribs and the baby back ribs from the refrigerator, reserving the marinade. Bring the marinade to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Use the sauce to baste the baby back ribs.

Prepare the charcoals according to the directions on the grill for slow barbecuing.

Place the spare ribs on the grill and cook for about 3 hours, turning occasionally.

Place the ribs on the prepared grill and cook for 45 minutes on one side and flip over. Continue to cook for 45 minutes. Feed the fire every 30 minutes. Baste the ribs with the reserved sauce every 15 minutes. Remove the ribs from the grill and slice.

Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):

• 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredinets thoroughly.

Yield: 2/3 cup

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:49 PM

They would probably work well to make some pulled pork, with bbq sauce or pork gravy

Quoting kristinaleann:

boneless country spare ribs to cook tonight, how would you cook them?

Iam tired of the same old plop them in the oven with BBQ sauce!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)