Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hmmm..how would you handle this??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have this friend, Nikki, that I used to work with, we both got pregnant within a few weeks of each other, but she lost her baby. We got pretty close during all that, but over the last year I havent seen her much, maybe 3 times. She recently got married and is expecting a little girl in a couple months. I got the invite to her shower and RSVP'd, we're both really excited to see each other again, it's been like 6 months!!

BUT, she specifically asked me not to mention it to our mutual friend, Amber. They have some drama with one of the other guest-- not really relevant to the story.

My problem is, I have no problem NOT MENTIONING the shower to Amber.. but she specifically told Nikki "make sure I get an invite!" so if she asks me directly "hey is nikki having a shower?" What do I say!?

I hate lying to people, but I dont want to start anything either! 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
anetrnlov
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Tell her to talk to Nikki.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I would tell her to ask Nikki if she was having a shower,

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Oh, stay out of it.  Tell her to call Nikki directly and stay out of it.  It does put you in a spot. 

AMsMommy212
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I dunno why I didnt think of that! LOL

Thanks.. that's great, now I'm prepared!  

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

i dont think it was very polite of them to put you in that situation, but like the other two said, i would refer her to your friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)