Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should I do? what CAN I do?**UPDATE******

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

my irresponsable friend dropped by for a qiuck visit the other day, she says she cant stay long just wanted to say hi, and that the kids are in the car with her mom,. of couse i wanna see the kids so i go out side OMG!! what i saw next horiified me I wanted to dial 911 when she left but didnt and now im kicking myself. she opens the back door and her 2year old is in a BOOSTER SEAT NO 5PT HARNESS!! he is strapped in with the regular belt!!!!!!!!!!!!! righ next to him is her 1 year old she is buckeled basically the same, she has her in a infant seat facing forward(its rear facing seat) does is in the reg belt as well, I freaked!!!!! OMG! I told her you are aware those kids arent buckeled correctly right and hse said yea i know! wtf! OMG!!!!!! i tried to explain that not only is it a law but its dangerous! i want to report this seriously this is NOT the 1st time she has done this type of thing nad her mom was with her and allowed it! I bought her a good seat for both of those kids what the hell did she do with them>?!!!!!!!!!!!!! should i anonymously report her?

UPDATE**********

well she came over yesterday to pick up some stuff i had for her she had the kids with her and was in a rush but since she was in the nieghborhood stopped by to pick it up, she told me to go out to the car because she wanted to show me something, and was like"your going to be so proud of me too" so I went out to the car, OMG!!! i was proud! She had them both buckled correctly!!!!!!! and dressed appropraite for the weather too!(it was 32 and raining yesterday).I hugged her and told her thanks girl,Im not trying to be mean when i fuss about the car seats im just looking out for the kids thats all.and her reply was i know  its ok, YAY!!!!!! im so happy i got thru to her!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM

If she isn't driving and gets caught there is probably nothing you can do.  I doubt they would go to her house. 

toybar02
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I think you should, she needs to realize that she is putting her kids lives in danger by acting irresponsibly so report her anonymously and she won't have to know but she needs a wakeup call before its too late and something bad happens

mommy23atx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM

thank you, when i said something her moms response was" we didnt have to buckel kids when mine we babies" but the thing is YES THEY DID and times change, my friend is only 19 so um yea you did have to i found the info to report online so im going to send an anonymous report

Quoting toybar02:

I think you should, she needs to realize that she is putting her kids lives in danger by acting irresponsibly so report her anonymously and she won't have to know but she needs a wakeup call before its too late and something bad happens

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

If she was 19, the law was in place back then.  I have an 18 1/2 year old myself now.  When I was little and in HS even no, no one ever used seat belts.  I had 3 in the front and didn't have a 3rd seat in the front.  We had them sitting on the console in HS. 

Quoting mommy23atx:

thank you, when i said something her moms response was" we didnt have to buckel kids when mine we babies" but the thing is YES THEY DID and times change, my friend is only 19 so um yea you did have to i found the info to report online so im going to send an anonymous report

Quoting toybar02:

lilmommagowan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM

it horrifies me also to see a child not buckled in correctly... my SIL didn't think it was necessary to put my 3 year old nephew in a booster seat, in my car. she said it was to much trouble to put the seat in my car.. WRONG i said, if he is ridding with me he is going in a seat. It is so frustrating that some people do not consider the safety of their children.

mommy23atx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:23 PM

i have a rule in my car. if ther are supposeed to be they WILL be! that means a infant in a infant seat correctly buckeled! etc.... or my car stays put,  my 7 year old is still in a booster seat!

Quoting lilmommagowan:

it horrifies me also to see a child not buckled in correctly... my SIL didn't think it was necessary to put my 3 year old nephew in a booster seat, in my car. she said it was to much trouble to put the seat in my car.. WRONG i said, if he is ridding with me he is going in a seat. It is so frustrating that some people do not consider the safety of their children.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:44 PM

My FIL was pulled over for not having our great-niece (then age 2) in a car seat. He had to go to court and he got a $540 fine and had to take a car seat class. Our great-niece is now 3.5 and just yesterday they drove here about 75 miles each way with her in the back, no car booster seat, with MIL sitting back with her. She is 42 pounds and 43 inches and no way big enough to not be in a booster at least. This is the 4th or 5th time I have seen this. I did call and report it once but was told in no uncertain terms that unless he was caught in a traffic stop there was nothing they could do. If they waited outside the driveway it would be considered "entrapment" and nothing would happen.

Oh, and they can't figure out why DH and I won't let them watch my kids for any length of time, lol... they think I am just trying to stick it to them!

1-idaho.png

mommy23atx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM

that sucks, i wish she would get pulled over for something she needs to be reported

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

My FIL was pulled over for not having our great-niece (then age 2) in a car seat. He had to go to court and he got a $540 fine and had to take a car seat class. Our great-niece is now 3.5 and just yesterday they drove here about 75 miles each way with her in the back, no car booster seat, with MIL sitting back with her. She is 42 pounds and 43 inches and no way big enough to not be in a booster at least. This is the 4th or 5th time I have seen this. I did call and report it once but was told in no uncertain terms that unless he was caught in a traffic stop there was nothing they could do. If they waited outside the driveway it would be considered "entrapment" and nothing would happen.

Oh, and they can't figure out why DH and I won't let them watch my kids for any length of time, lol... they think I am just trying to stick it to them!

mommy23atx
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 7:02 AM

update :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)