Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of Carseats.... Mercedes promoting un-safe practices.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

Have you seen the new commercial for the Mercedes GLK? It has a baby in a carseat in the back seat. The baby does NOT look to be over the age of 1 and, IMO, does not look to be all that heavy.... but I guess he could be over 20 pounds.... BUT THEY HAVE HIM FORWARD FACING! And with no other carseats up against the drivers side door. I know this is just a commercial but it is one talking about protecting your kids in a Mercedes and they are completely promoting irresponsibility when it comes to carseats. Sorry to vent. it just ticked me off!!!

1-idaho.png

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Brandyh
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM

If someone is basing their baby facing practices on a Mercedes commercial.... who's the idiot

Aamy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Brandyh:

If someone is basing their baby facing practices on a Mercedes commercial.... who's the idiot

LOL i was thinking THE SAME THING !!! Sorry op but ......

eye rolling

missingbelle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA.......Nice !

Quoting Brandyh:

wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM

ha  ha ha ha i was thinking the same thing

Quoting Brandyh:

Ethans_mom718
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Quoting Brandyh:

rolling on floor

Im a mother to 1 beautiful son. I dont believe in ERF! I delay vac. I dont spank in public, I use a child harness when in public, I love tattoos. I circumsized my son, I havent cut his hair in 17 months, Im a smoker, and occasionally drink a few. I dont believe in co-sleeping, and believe we are all allowed to make mistakes with our children no one is perfect! Im a wife to a union worker, and a stay at home mom

Randi02
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:38 PM

That doesn't surprise me. A lot of commercials showing child restraints don't have them in properly...

It's really too bad. Most parents lack the common sense (or the capacity) to read and follow their carseat manuals and the changing recommendation. There's a reason that car accidents are the number 1 killer of children under 14 in North America. It's mostly the parents fault, but things like this sure as hell don't help...

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

babyfat5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM

why don't you write to the company and tell them they screwed up. They may just changed the commercial if enough people do it.

lilliputiansmom
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM

IDK? The kid is probably facing forward so you can see it, the back of the kids head isn't very photogenic. I agree with Branyh though, who really looks at a  commercail and says well I know better but Mercedes did it so I will too!

justplainbecky
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Quoting lilliputiansmom:

IDK? The kid is probably facing forward so you can see it, the back of the kids head isn't very photogenic. I agree with Branyh though, who really looks at a  commercail and says well I know better but Mercedes did it so I will too!

The same people who say 'well the box said it was ok to put my 30lbs 2yr old in a booster' or the ones who never crack the manual to read it, or the ones who never use car seats properly. Being shown proper use all the time is what will make people sit up and get it right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)