Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pact

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

Wow!! Watching this movie... soo not impressed. Why would any teenager actually plan to get pregnant? I soo dont understand it. I was pregnant at 17 but not on purpose. These girls actually planned to get pregnant. How many of you think birthcontrol should be provided at schools?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM

and why why why promote and play this movie 3 times a night? I tried to watch it last night and fell asleep!

savannahnhi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM

geez, those girls are such idiot.

zebbyzebby06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM

its kind of a toss up on the whle BC in school, i wouldnt mind in a way for like kids who are too nervous to ask their parents for BC (like the responsible ones) i was 17 wheni first started having sex with my bf (hubby now) and i was NEVER comfy about asking my parents we had NEVER talked about sex and my hubby was first and only and iam so glad.  we didnt get PG till i was 20 we were engaged and living together.  but iam against it because i do believe it should be their resposaility to get or the parents (welli really think teens shouldnt) i did but i was close to 18.  we never had sex unprotected my hubby  bought our protection.  but ne way i dont think 15 yr old should be having sex.  and if theres a pact its not like they use it ne way.  but that horrible that the made a pact to get pg (and the fact its based on a true story is worse) 

mamacakes3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I dvr'd it the other day and actually watched it today too. OMG I have no idea what these girls were thinking. I got pregnant (also not planned) for my son at 17, was supposed to graduate 2 weeks before I had him, only I had him 6 weeks early. So I had to go back to school for a half of year with an infant that I had to get to a sitter daily and tend to when I got home from school. I was with his dad, we had our own place, but he worked offshore for 2-4 weeks at a time and was home for 1 week with us. I had several people, including my school telling me to drop out and get my GED. Which pushed me harder to prove that I would graduate! And I did...with my then 11 month old son at my graduation. I didn't feel cool about it, I wasn't proud to be such a young mom. I lived on my own with a baby and usually went to school covered in puke by the time I got him to the baby sitter and was exhausted in school after being up with him half of the night. My brothers and some cousins were 3-5 years younger than me and as they started reaching that age and wanted to confide in me I would tell them how hard it was and they should wait...but for the ones I knew wouldn't listen I would get them condoms...that were readily available at the local clinic in a bowl just inside the door...no questions asked. It then became the thing I had right by my door when they came in. No questions asked, just be safe and don't start young. While I will never ever regret my now 13 year old, I wish I had been older. In some ways I feel like we grew up together. I truly believe me providing them condoms saved a few pregnancies and std's.

TDMumof3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM
I really LOVED this movie when I watched It Ssturday Night! I don't know why teenage girls made a Pact to get pregnant but In some sense teenage girls really don't think. They don't think they will get pregnant, they just think they are in love and they found their prince charming. It really is Sad that all of those girls got pregnant and will have to change their lives forever. But it's also a shame that in this movie they showed any of the boys involved changing either. It was all of the girls. Why wasn't there any blame put on the boys that choose not to put a condom on.

For you question, I am totally against having BC in schools for the simple fact it gives the girls and boys an easy way out about not talking to their parents. Of course Hubby and I have agreed that once our daughters start their period we want to put them on BC because it's a known fact that once a young girl starts her cycle than is when they are most likely to start becoming sexual active. I will also explain to my daughter that being put on BC is not for them to do as they please...
MARIE20
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM

i WATCHED IT sATURDAY and was not impressed also

TDMumof3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM
You know you just game me an idea..I might just do that! Have a bowl in the house with condoms. Just in case.No question's asked! You are right I hope it will save my daughters from an unprevented pregnacy where I am having to put my career on hold to help them raise this baby, abortion will not be allowed in my house, No if's and's or butt's about it!

Quoting mamacakes3:

I dvr'd it the other day and actually watched it today too. OMG I have no idea what these girls were thinking. I got pregnant (also not planned) for my son at 17, was supposed to graduate 2 weeks before I had him, only I had him 6 weeks early. So I had to go back to school for a half of year with an infant that I had to get to a sitter daily and tend to when I got home from school. I was with his dad, we had our own place, but he worked offshore for 2-4 weeks at a time and was home for 1 week with us. I had several people, including my school telling me to drop out and get my GED. Which pushed me harder to prove that I would graduate! And I did...with my then 11 month old son at my graduation. I didn't feel cool about it, I wasn't proud to be such a young mom. I lived on my own with a baby and usually went to school covered in puke by the time I got him to the baby sitter and was exhausted in school after being up with him half of the night. My brothers and some cousins were 3-5 years younger than me and as they started reaching that age and wanted to confide in me I would tell them how hard it was and they should wait...but for the ones I knew wouldn't listen I would get them condoms...that were readily available at the local clinic in a bowl just inside the door...no questions asked. It then became the thing I had right by my door when they came in. No questions asked, just be safe and don't start young. While I will never ever regret my now 13 year old, I wish I had been older. In some ways I feel like we grew up together. I truly believe me providing them condoms saved a few pregnancies and std's.

1/11/2010
recorb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

saw this movie and want to get in on the conversation, but don't have time tonight.

I thought the movie had a good message in the end.  Parents and schools need to be more open/ honest and discuss issues with the teens.  In the movie most of the adults were turning a blind eye to the drastic increase in pregnancies instead of finding out the reason and discussing with the students

MemawBrie
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Should BC be given in schools?  Should someone wanting to commit suicide be given a loaded gun?  Should an alcoholic be given booze?  Should a drug addict be given drugs?  Do that, and it's called aiding and abetting, encouraging bad behavior.  Sure, makes sense to me, NOT!

Toughenough2bme
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM
I watched the movie all 3 nights and thought it just glossed over the problem of teenage pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)