Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:30 PM
  • 25 Replies

I was reading an article in the paper the other day about a mother whos daughter was in a horrible accident and passed due to complications.  I was amazed at her strength when she stated that she decided to donate her 2 year old daughters organs.  IF..... God forbid .....you were in this mothers position would you be willing or able to do the same. Something to think about.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilklink83
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Yes, I would.  She passed on and although it hurts she could save someone elses baby. 

maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM

yes.......................w/out a doubt I would....I would want someone to live if it meant my child had to die.

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Honestly, no, I wouldn't.

I'm not even having my body donated for my organs.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

BekaBug
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM

i cant even begin to imagine.. honestly i would be so devastated and withdrawn dh would be making all the decisions. if by some crazy chance i was thinking somewhat straight i would donate. life is to precious and i cant see not helping some one in need.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Absolutely because my teen girls want to be donors.  Dh would be against it but he knows that is what they want and would go along with it.  He can make his own decision for himself, but not for the girls. 

sorgegal5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I would in an instant! If it were my child in need I could only hope and pray that somebody else was generous enough in the midst of tragedy. To know that a part of them were to live on.

maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:46 PM

"you can't take it with you"...........I so agree. and encourage this.

Quoting sorgegal5:

I would in an instant! If it were my child in need I could only hope and pray that somebody else was generous enough in the midst of tragedy. To know that a part of them were to live on.

onefootcutiepie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM

absolutely

tnbjbeams444
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM

ABSOLUTLY! If my child needed something I know I would beg, scream anything to save MY child. My child could save someones life. What a heartbreak and an honor.

Autumn22
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Ugggh this question makes me sad. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)