Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Totally Not Biased :P

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM
  • 128 Replies

Questions to answer before you vaccinate

QUESTIONS...

1. Name of the disease
2. Description of the disease
3. Length of time from initial infection to end of all symptoms
4. Infectious period
5. Normal symptoms of the disease
6. Known serious consequences of the disease
7. Proportion of persons infected developing serious consequences
8. Transmission route of the disease
9. Prevalence of the disease
10. Treatments of the disease and efficacy of those treatments
11. Relevant research about the disease
12. Name of the vaccine
13. Company that makes the vaccine
14. Contents of the vaccine
14A. The significance of whether or not the vaccine is live
15. History of development of the vaccine
16. Known side-effects of the vaccine and rate of incidence of those side-effects
17. Possible side-effects not yet acknowledged by the vaccine maker
18. Relevant research into the vaccine
19. How effective is the vaccine at preventing the disease?
20.What is the vaccine meant to do? (Many vaccines are not meant to prevent infection or transmission).
21.Number of cases reported each year.
22.Number of deaths reported each year from the vaccine and natural disease.

Here are some sources to help you out:

Inside Vaccines

Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7018835240451107552

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html (download the current issue)
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/pink-chapters.htm
http://vaers.hhs.gov/pdf/PackageInserts.pdf
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7018835240451107552&q=
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6351515212287981735&hl=en
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/G/cases&deaths.pdf

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Autumn...I think this is in defense of the women who said not to ask you, in the other post. Of course you're biased. It's not a bad thing, don't take it that way. Just as the over-anxious one will have 35 vax's. And they shouldn't take it bad. Everyone has their own lifestyle choices. We can all sit and say, all day, that mine is better than yours.   

nettesmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM

In order to send your child to a public school don't you HAVE to be current on vaccinations? 

danie24
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Quoting nettesmomma:

In order to send your child to a public school don't you HAVE to be current on vaccinations? 

No.. every state has an exemption form.

You do NOT have to be vaccinated to attend public school.

'I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.' -Stephen Roberts

TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Quoting nettesmomma:

You sure do in NJ! Mine would be vaxed regardless though!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Quoting nettesmomma:

No.

MagdaLainna
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Thanks for the info Autumn

danie24
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting nettesmomma:

You're wrong, hun.

NJ has both medical and religious exemptions.

'I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.' -Stephen Roberts

TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Quoting danie24:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting nettesmomma:

You're wrong, hun.

NJ has both medical and religious exemptions.

2. Are vaccines required for children to attend school and daycare in New Jersey?
New Jersey has mandatory vaccination regulations, however, a child can attend public or most private schools with select or no vaccines if the parent/guardian provides a valid medical or religious exemption letter to the school administrator. Private and religiously affiliated schools may or may not accept religious vaccine exemptions, however. NJ does not currently allow parents to use a conscientious/philosophical vaccine exemption, which would change ifbill A260/S1071passes into law.

In most states, a parent must bring written proof of a child's immunizations from the health provider or clinic at the time of school registration. If a required vaccination has not been obtained, and there is no health condition or religious objection preventing immunization, the child must receive the vaccinations before school entry. You can find out what the requirements are in your state through a link provided at the end of this section.

So everyone that does not vaccinate falls under the health condition or religious objection????
I also want to add that I have done preschool and kindergarten round up in our school and have for the last 7 years and never ONCE did I encounter a health or medical waiver for immunizations.
nettesmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I didn't know that you could opt out.  What if it's not a religious or a medical reason that you didn't get the vax?  You simply just choose not to because you didn't want to?  That doesn't fall under those 'rules'.  I just hope that those that choose not to vax know when to keep their kids home from school so the other kids whose parents choose not to vax don't pass some crazy illness around the school. My child is current on her vax and I can't begin to count the number of times I've had to keep her home because she's been sick already.  Oddly enough she was a pretty healthy kid up until she went to school.

Please note I'm not saying that vax is right or wrong, but if you choose not to, just make sure that you are protecting other peoples children from contagious illness that could of been prevented via a vax.  That's just my opinion tho.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Quoting nettesmomma:

I didn't know that you could opt out.  What if it's not a religious or a medical reason that you didn't get the vax?  You simply just choose not to because you didn't want to?  That doesn't fall under those 'rules'.  I just hope that those that choose not to vax know when to keep their kids home from school so the other kids whose parents choose not to vax don't pass some crazy illness around the school. My child is current on her vax and I can't begin to count the number of times I've had to keep her home because she's been sick already.  Oddly enough she was a pretty healthy kid up until she went to school.

Please note I'm not saying that vax is right or wrong, but if you choose not to, just make sure that you are protecting other peoples children from contagious illness that could of been prevented via a vax.  That's just my opinion tho.

That's why I love summer vacation! Everyone is healthy and there isn't anything to catch!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)