Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman goes into labor at an AC/DC concert, lol

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM
  • 0 Replies

Samantha Williamson is one hell of an AC/DC fan. Well into her ninth month of pregnancy, the expectant mother and her boyfriend Jason Mitchell attended the Australian hard rock giant's performance at Melbourne 's Etihad Stadium last Saturday.

Plans for the group to shake the couple all night long were almost interrupted by some serious contractions, which were at the height of discomfort during the segue from the group's 1990 hit 'Thunderstruck' into its devilish anthem, 'Hells Bells,' but Williamson managed to suffer through them and kept rocking. After the show's 11PM ending, Mitchell drove his girlfriend from the stadium to Gippsland Hospital in Garrigal, Victoria.

"Not even the baby was going to stop me seeing AC/DC," Williamson told the Herald Sun. "I love them to death and I wasn't going to miss their performance for anything." Thirty-five hours after their arrival in the hospital, Williamson gave birth to a son on Monday at 10:30AM.

Named Jack in homage to the 1975 AC/DC track 'The Jack,' the parents intend to include the name Angus -- a tribute to the band's guitarist Angus Young -- somewhere in the child's moniker.

As for the concert itself, Williamson says its one she won't soon forget. "We'll remember Angus Young going crazy onstage while baby Angus was putting in quite a performance offstage," she said.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/02/18/ac-dc-baby/

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)