Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

KEEP or DONATE old cellphones!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:58 AM
  • 2 Replies

Did you know, that as long as a cell phone is charged it can call 911?? it doesn't even have to be an active phone or have a provider, just has to be charged!!! SOO, do you have a teen that you don't want to have a cell phone because of using minutes, but are scared of them not having a way to call 911? Give them an old cell, and keep it charged, or you can keep one in your glove box, or around the house somewhere in case of emergency!!!

I didn't know this, but am glad I do!! I have 3 old cell phones, and I put one in my glove box, one in my basement, and one in my bedroom. I marked on the calender every 1st of the month, to charge them, so they stay charged!!!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jessymessy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM

This is great advice. You can also bring them to your local police department, have them donated to battered womens shelters, or people who can't afford phones but need one in case of an emergancy

CoeyG
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM

We have a place that buys used cellphones.  I take mine there. 

Older single proud mom of Shannon.  Alpha mom to Pebbles & Sadie.  Jill of all trades.         Certifialbe Lunatic  http://coeyg1.bravehost.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)