Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm allergic

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

To Dove's new mostiure theapy shampoo and conditioner.  I used it a couple of days ago and since them my scalp has itched as if I have fleas!  Anyone else expierence similar after using a product?

Older single proud mom of Shannon.  Alpha mom to Pebbles & Sadie.  Jill of all trades.         Certifialbe Lunatic  http://coeyg1.bravehost.com/

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessymessy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:15 PM

im freakin allergic to every skin or hair care product! Its pathetic! I have really pale skin though so it comes with the territory. Dove deoderant gives me a rash though!

TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Never used that brand...but my daughter is allergic to just about everything on the planet, so I know where you're coming from. If a shampoo contains coconut she gets hives!

I guess go back to using your same old stuff!

CoeyG
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Quoting Jessymessy:

im freakin allergic to every skin or hair care product! Its pathetic! I have really pale skin though so it comes with the territory. Dove deoderant gives me a rash though!

That could be why my pits itch when I use it too.  I usually use Mitchum for women.

Older single proud mom of Shannon.  Alpha mom to Pebbles & Sadie.  Jill of all trades.         Certifialbe Lunatic  http://coeyg1.bravehost.com/

bellaamore
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I can't use any of dove's products without this happening. 

bellaamore
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Girl, I feel ya.  It's my heritage. LOL.  I have to wash with Jergen's mild soap, even Ivory gives me issues.

Quoting Jessymessy:

itscool2recycle
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM

i ALWAYS get razor burn when i shave my crotch, how do you prevent that?? I use shaving cream and i new razor, i dont get it!

Jessymessy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I am told to use deoderant AFTER you shave. Or use conditioner to shave with.

Quoting itscool2recycle:

i ALWAYS get razor burn when i shave my crotch, how do you prevent that?? I use shaving cream and i new razor, i dont get it!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I swear by Aveeno products. I have very sensitive skin. 

CoeyG
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Quoting itscool2recycle:

My daughter uses aloe vera gel to shave her pubes. 

bellaamore
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I cannot use any kind of shaving cream, or conditioner on my skin.  Aloe Vera is GREAT.  Put it on after you get out of the shower form shaving IMMEDIATELY after drying off completely.  Also, the first day you shave, the benedryl clear skin gel is awesome.  It has no smell, and once it is dry you cannot even feel it.  It forms a sort of barrier.  The plain unscented AVeeno lotion works, but initially burns form the alcohol in it... Walmart has an Equate brand one that works just as well... I would try the aloe and benedryl ones first, though, as they work best.

As I said, I have to use Jergen's mild soap, and I shave with it and a regular disposable razor now.  I have never been able to do that, but since finding this soap, I can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)