Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My surrogate daughter is here!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM
  • 29 Replies

She was delivered at 10:27 this morning.

My mom and I were on our way to the hospital (about an hour away). 30 minutes into the drive I told her she needed to pull over, there was NO way we were going to make it to the hospital. 

Luckily we were right by a rest stop on the interstate, so Mom pulled over and called the ambulance. Two contractions later I was halfway in the back seat and she decided that was the time to be born! My mom made it around in time to kind of catch her. She came out pink and crying which was lucky because even though we're both nurses, neither mom nor I have ever worked with newborns!

The ambulance made it about 5 minutes later. Then we got to drive REALLY FAST with the sirens on:) It was pretty exciting. We've both been doing fine. Her parents met us at the hospital in a little bit of shock, but everything has calmed down in the last 11 hours and they're settling into their new roles. 

So I had an unmedicated, unassisted carbirth!! lol. Didn't even have to get an IV at any point! 

The ambulance crew getting ready to get us out of the van and into the rig

The new little one:) Isn't she a peach?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahbearamommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:40 PM

wow thats amazing!!! is it strange to be a surrogate? i have often thought about doing that, and wow it's just so selfless and so amazing! congrats to you for being such a great person for carrying someone elses baby for them. amazing :)

sillytime
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

She is so beautiful!! I wish my daughter came all natural. I am so happy for all of you. How are you feeling?

vicki77433
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Congratulations!

torttia
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM

How precious!

onefootcutiepie
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

wow! That's a lot of hair!

Aamy
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Wow ...... i want to say how neat ..... but WOW. Glad you 2 are ok. Where her parents wanting to see her be born ??? Congrats, and i think its a wonderful thing you did !!!! 

supermom3806
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM

aww. she's so cute. makes me so jealous because I want a little girl so freaken bad lol

One of my friends mom was a surrogate all told me I should do it since I love to be pregnant Plus I would love to see the smile on the parents face. I'm not I could do it tho I mean isnt hard to carry the baby for 9 months then walk out with no baby?

Randi02
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

She's beautiful : )

Great job! I bet her parents are so happy!

Allergic2Stupid
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Oh she's CUTE!  Welcome to the world wee one!  What an entrance ;)  I would happily surrogate for a friend if needed.  Thank you for being so selfless!

mybabiesandme
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Quoting torttia:

How precious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)