Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AARRGGHH!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I started this new job about 3.5 weeks ago. I thought I was being hired as a Medication Aide, but I'm only doing Nurse Aide work. They won't even train me on meds. That sucks.

Anyway, there is this one woman, Wilma. She does not like me one little bit. She is a career CNA and she has the charge nurse totally wrapped around her finger and convinced that she is God's gift to the elderly. She refused to train me and then she gets mad when I don't do things exactly her way. She singled me out and yelled at me in front of the charge nurse (who backed her up) and in front of all the other CNAs on our wing and the med aide. Yeah to say I cried is an understatement. But anyway, it was about something I didn't even know. It just didn't seem fair that I wasn't the only one in the wrong, but yet she picked me to be upset at.

So, on Tuesdays and Thursdays DH has class until 3 so he doesn't get home until 4. I'm supposed to start work at 2 but we arranged it so on those days I come in at 4:30. Well last Tuesday they scheduled me to work with Wilma. She was already mad when I got there because she had to work by herself for a couple of hours. She was not nice to me and did not communicate with me at all. Instead, she grabbed another CNA and lit all over her about how mad at me she was and yadda yadda. I have been talked about behind my back so much in the last few weeks it's just not even funny! I'm not used to all this cattiness!

Last night, first thing she did was go to the charge nurse (who had been on vacation until yesterday) and complained about how I'm not doing enough and she thinks I need to be retrained. So then Wilma, not even the charge nurse, proceeds to tell me (again, in front of the other aides) that I need to be retrained so they are going to be talking to the community director (the person above the charge nurse) to see if I can go through orienation again. And again, the charge nurse backs her up.

So after all that, I pulled Chiann (the CN) aside and asked her what I"m doing wrong or what I need to do differently and she said that I have been there long enough that I should be able to answer calls by myself and not need so much direction from other people. I told her that even on the night I worked with Wilma, I put as many people to bed as she did, without help or direction. I answer calls without help or direction. I do a lot on my own! Then I asked if the other girls I work with are complaining about me too or is it just Wilma? She said that whenever she has talked to the other girls, they say I am doing fine. Yeah but since Wilma doesn't 100% approve, I must suck.

I'm just so frustrated. I am seriously on the verge of quitting. I turned down two other jobs because this one had the best salary and benefits but all the money in the world is not worth this stress. I don't know what that woman has against me but it sucks. From everything that I've said here it probably doesn't sound that bad but I just can't even put it into words. I feel like I am doing great and so do the other people I work with. I hate that I am giving up time with my kids to go be around people that don't appreciate or like me. And I'm tired of crying!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie

"Tolerance means I treat you with respect even when we totally disagree. You're a child of God. You're worthy of dignity. We may disagree, but we're going to tolerate each other, and even more than that, we can be friends. You're never going to please everybody. I don't need to agree with somebody in order to love them." - Rick Warren

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jabs54
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Aww, I'm sorry.  I once worked with someone like this.  It probably won't help but I would document everything and talk to the head of the department.  If you have the resources file a complaint.  If you quit make sure they know the reason why.  She's nothing but a bully - I hate bullies!

nettesmomma
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I would pull her aside and talk to her.  Ask her why she has such a problem with you.  Or if you would feel better bring in other people so there are witnesses.  I'm sorry some people are just jerks.

Mandafers
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Thank you both for the support. I felt so much better after getting this all out! She is still being unkind to me which sucks but at least I have a healthy outlet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)