Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookbooks

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:21 AM
  • 8 Replies

What are your favorite cookbooks?

Mine are the Pioneer Woman Cooks, The Gooseberry Collection and any of the Secret Restaurant Recipes.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Aldea
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Gooseberry,  Taste Of Home, Quick Cooking.  I have a little of everything ! 

Jessymessy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:27 AM

my FAV *dont tell my MIL* is the Sandra Lee semihomemade! its so fun

4munchkinmommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I have SO many (I think I have a cookbook addiction) but my favorites are probably..

PollyMarie
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I am a cookbook recipe addict! I use the gooseberry ones the most though to get new recipes from. I use a photo album and index cards and make my own tried and true recipe cookbook. That one is my favorite. I always have a stack of meals on hand that I know my family loves.

sharebearII
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I"m hooked on all the Weight Watchers Cookbooks right now.   Especially the new one, Hit the Spot.

I love that Rachel Ray 365 No Repeats one...   So many funky ingredients you can't find though.   It's not very practical. 

Jessymessy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM

yea the rachel ray one is great for yummy foods but you are right, difficult to find ingredients. half the time i dont even know what aisle to look in, i couldnt even tell you is it was a liquid, a solid, in a bottle, a box, a vegitable..

Quoting sharebearII:

I"m hooked on all the Weight Watchers Cookbooks right now.   Especially the new one, Hit the Spot.

I love that Rachel Ray 365 No Repeats one...   So many funky ingredients you can't find though.   It's not very practical. 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM

i love the Gooseberry Collection! the pictures are so nice and they throw crafts and stories in there. It's like reading granny's cookbook.

I like Taste of Home too....

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Dh and I are looking through cookbooks tonight....  we were reading.... "the complete book of chinese cooking" and Betty Crocker, of course..... we got Mario Batali's last cook book on grilling recently.... from Mario himself as a thank you gift (long story how we met him but he is amazing and sweet and awesome and gives us all his new books)..... but mostly I use Food Network or My  Recipes for recipes

pot-of-gold.png
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)