Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH BOY I NEED ADVICE !!!! PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

So my older brother is getting married . He invited me , not our step brother and not my mother who he has not spoken to in over 15 yrs !!!! Our parents divorced when I was 2 and it was always back and forth until he was about 9-10 and then decided to live with my dad. He contacted my mom when he was a teenager and asked if himand a friend can come to Florida and live , she said sure but they need to find jobs and get their own place he didnt like that so he never came and has not talked to her since.  NOW, he is getting married and his fiance is asking that I get them some toasting flutes etched and decorated , well ok but the only way to do that is ask my mother, she's the one who makes them at her buisness. They didnt even inviter her to the wedding and they want me to ask her to make them tasting glasses, now I explained to the fiance the situation and told her my brother shattered my mothers heart by not talking to her. Its not my place to ask my mother I dont want to hurt her feelings, now I keep my mother updated with pictures and such of my brother so she can see what he looks like and tell her how hes doing BUT do you think I should ask her ?/??I would feel horrible and prefer to stay out of it,LOL.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:35 AM

You should discuss the situation with your brother. Maybe get the glasses from another place, even if it's what your mother does.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with your mom telling him that he'll need to get a job and since he has a roommate, eventually find a place of his own. I do believe your brother over-reacted or expected to mooch off of your mom and she wouldn't have it.

jabs54
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:50 AM

You need to tell your brother if he wants your mom to do something for him HE needs to ask her.  It's HIS fight. Not fair to put you in the middle.

GOBryan
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Agreed. Sounds like he needs to grow up and get over it.

Quoting jabs54:

You need to tell your brother if he wants your mom to do something for him HE needs to ask her.  It's HIS fight. Not fair to put you in the middle.

luv_my_xiya
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM

just get them from somewhere else

CoeyG
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:56 AM

This wedding is about your brother and his fiance, not your mother or step siblings. As far as the toasting glasses I would tell your brother and soon to be sister in law that you will find them somewhere else, but if they want your mother to do them that they will have to ask her, whether they invite her to the wedding or not again is up to them.

sharebearII
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Get them somewhere else. 

Maddiesmommy123
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM
I'd talk to your brother, if he decides not to invite your mother, to keep her feelings from being hurt more than they probably are and or will be, I'd get the glasses done another place!!
abc04789f
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM

i would get them from somewhere else.  it's up to them who they invite to the wedding and if they don't want to invite her it's their choice.  I do believe your brother overreacted, maybe there's more to the story that he just istn' telling you, or her either.  but i would'nt get yourself too involved..

angie729
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I would get the glasses from a different place and not involve my mother if I were you.

missingbelle
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVICE ! I TOLD HIM TO ASK HER HERSELF OR I CAN JUST GET THEM FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)