Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd b-day ideas - some help please

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

So my daughter is turning 2 in June (I still can't believe it) and I want to start planning out her birthday now.

For her 1st b-day, it didn't go over so well (I gave such a short notice on everything) so this time around, I want to give notice in plenty of time so there will be NO EXCUSES!

So, what do you think is a good idea for a 2nd birthday? Should I plan it at home? Get a bouncer? At a park? Go somewhere special? etc???

Also, what games do you think should be played at a 2nd birthday party?

What all did you do for your kids' 2nd b-day?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sageinca
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:11 PM

We like to do parks and cook outs. It turns out great for everyone.

CoeyG
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I suggest keeping it small, limit the number of guests to the age of the child.  We had my daughter's birthdays at home until she was five.  We had a fenced yard, set up a table with drinks and cake, had a barbecue which also encouraged the parents to stick around.  The kids got to run around in the yard freely.  When she was 5 we started going to a local family style restaurante where they took care of everything, including the cake. 

LilyofPhilly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Isn't 2 awfully young for a bouncer?

I say keep it to immediate family and keep it simple.

I think parents in general go way overboard on birthday parties for really young children. The kid usually ends up overwhelmed and deprived of her nap, and how many people can a 2 year old really interact with at a party? The parents end up spending all their time preparing food, entertaining the guests, and cleaning up. That's time that could be spent enjoying your child and having fun together. Better to save your money and throw the big parties when the kid is old enough to appreciate it.

Why don't you have a little indoor picnic with your daughter. You could spread a blanket on the floor, have lemonade, sandwiches, and cupcakes, listen to children's music, play some finger song games, read some books togetherA cake and some balloons and lots of attention from the family and any toddller would be thrilled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)