Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

how did you and your partner meet

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM
  • 149 Replies
1 mom liked this

i love hearing how people met   the ones they love people talk about it  with such excitement

so tell me how did you met you partner? when did you now you were in love?

by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teresavargas58
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:14 PM
4 moms liked this

i met my husband when i was 14 my friend invited me to a 15 birthday party she invited him too she was going to hook him up with a friend of hers well when we got there she did she try to hook him up with some other girl but the girl wasnt interested i think she was still into barbies well anyways we started talking and hooked up. have been w/ him for 11 years now.

i found out i loved him until i had my  daughter when i saw he was there through good and bad and was no just going to leave me to deal with things myself

JakeandEmmasMom
by Member on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I met my DH on eHarmony.com.  I knew from our second phone conversation that he was the one I was going to marry.  We've been married over 6 years now and couldn't be happier.  We are so compatible in every way!

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Late October 2005 I broke my dads sunglasses... by  stepping on them.... I went to the sunglass store in town to buy him a new pair and DH was the owner of the store... I was instantly all crushed over him.... from that point, he would take my groceries (our store in the next the only grocery in town) to the car for me, give my Sissy Dog cookies... gave me flowers.... right before Xmas I made him cookies.... he NEVER asked me out.... New Years Day (and by then I knew he lived on my street, a mile down) I walked to his house in a snow storm too bad to drive him... and asked him to kiss me... he did... and 48 days later we were married!!!!

pot-of-gold.png
klatshaw
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Long story short.....

It was fate....I took a day off of work and my BF's father called to ask if I would give his other son a ride to the recruiter's office. (My BF was in jail cuz he was a LOSER!!!). Anyway, I picked him up, never met him before, and within 5 minutes I just knew I was meant to be with him. Needless to say, he felt the same way. He never did go into that recruiter's office.

We have been together every day since then.

Oh, and his brother actually was very happy for us, once he got over being pissed for a little while. He knew he wasn't right for me and that I would be good to his brother. To this day we are all pretty close. And with the people we were meant to be with.

MrsLavender
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Russ and I actually met and talked on December 7, 2006. We were at a Christmas party for a mutual friend. I didn't even know him, though he looked familiar. We went to the same high school and apparently, he'd noticed me a long time before this and had had a crush on me for a while. We wound up talking pretty much the whole night and he even impressed me (in the good/bad teen way) by offering to jump into a man-made lake/pond for $10. lol

Found out later on, after he'd left, that he was taken; but I'd already given him my number and we still talked in school. I helped him get over his then girlfriend (DSS'S BM) when he found out she was cheating on him, and on January 19, 2007, we became an official couple. lol

It's so weird though, because here in the past few months, we found out we'd BOTH had dreams for a little while leading up to us actually meeting about the other person! lol

And I don't know if there was ever an actual point where I knew I was in love. it was kinda there all along.

MrsLavender
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM

This is where I insert a big, fat AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

Late October 2005 I broke my dads sunglasses... by  stepping on them.... I went to the sunglass store in town to buy him a new pair and DH was the owner of the store... I was instantly all crushed over him.... from that point, he would take my groceries (our store in the next the only grocery in town) to the car for me, give my Sissy Dog cookies... gave me flowers.... right before Xmas I made him cookies.... he NEVER asked me out.... New Years Day (and by then I knew he lived on my street, a mile down) I walked to his house in a snow storm too bad to drive him... and asked him to kiss me... he did... and 48 days later we were married!!!!

carliemarie1015
1 mom liked this

I met my hubby when I was 15 and a sophomore in HS. he was 17 and a junior. we had a class together (just a studyhall, lol), but I hadn't noticed him before. he's always telling me he'd been admiring me for WEEKS before we actually "met". he just mustered up the courage to talk to me one day, and asked me for my number! we talked on the phone every night for HOURS! we'd known eachother for a week before we were official.

and it was within that week that we FELL completely in love!  :)

he's my bestfriend!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

lupe_wheeler
1 mom liked this

We met in High School a girl who used to like him introduced us lol and he liked me we became best friends and i kept saying no to going out with him then he said he was going to go out with someone else so i called him at 2 in the morning asked him out and we been together 6 years married for almost 4 and have two kids!!

pixie92
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM
3 moms liked this

I actually met my husband at a bar I used to work at. I was dragged there for two birthday parties and my husband was dragged there by his friends for a night out. I knew as soon as I saw him that I loved him and then when we talked it all clicked for both of us. My oldest son met him and told him he was going to be his dad and all his siblings agreed lol. I thought he would run after that and because I was a single mother of 6. He moved in with me and we got married 8 and a half months later and have now been married 10 years together for 11.

poshkat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM

i first met my husband when i was 12, he was the hot pizza guy, we probably saw each other more than we think since he worked at the local pizzaria and my mother shopping every friday at the kosher supermarket he worked in. but, i didnt start dating him until i was almost 18.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)