Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

how did you and your partner meet

i love hearing how people met   the ones they love people talk about it  with such excitement

so tell me how did you met you partner? when did you now you were in love?

by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Replies (141-149):
1CrazyCajun
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I was around 20 I guess. Just got out of a bad relationship and decided to go out with friends to drown my sorrows in Jack Daniels. The minute I walked in the bar, I saw this cowboy standing at the bar drinking a beer. Black stetson, green eyes, wide shoulders, narrow hips and nice ass in wranglers and boots. Oh my was he gorgeous ! I drank a while and we eyed each other for over a hour. Finally he moseyed over to me and ask me to dance.

Well, during a slow song, we were doing some belly rubbing and his belt buckle got caught on mine (mine was a star shape). We went crashing to the floor. LOL. We were stuck. I had to wrap my legs around his waist and he carried me out the bar. Kinda had to undo our pants to get the buckles undone.

Dated for 2 years, then he popped the question. I still tease him and say the only reason he stuck around was because he got a good look at my pink thong that night.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

kellynh
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM

RochelleBurley
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Quoting teresavargas58:

i love hearing how people met   the ones they love people talk about it  with such excitement

so tell me how did you met you partner? when did you now you were in love?

I love this post!! I met my husband at food lion, I saw him on a Sunday. However we just smiled and looked kind of crazy and went on our marry way. The following day (Monday) I had to go back to food lion to actually go grocery shoppng. Got to the register and dropped my biscuits, so the bag boy had to get a replacement. If I didn't bust the biscuits we would have never met cause as I was putting groceries in my car. He was pulling in to park on my row. We've been together ever since, nor have we broken up once!! Love that guy

mrs.ninjaa
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I met my husband in jr. high, officially. We became really good friends in high school. I always got hugs from him in the morning when he was hanging out with friends in the cafeteria and crushed on him for two years. We lost contact for 6 years until I took on a second job last year and during a time of hiring new staff, he comes walking in and got hired. Within two days we were together and 11 months later we got married.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

funpartymel
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM

We were set up by a friend. It was supposed to be a FWB situation lol... within a week we both realized something a little more intense was going on, and within a month we knew we were in love. It will be one year on April 28... and our surprise baby is due in August :)

ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Oh God, mine is so drama filled. Are you sure you want to know?

Bluetick
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM
At a dog show ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BrighteyedAsh
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I'm going to be very detailed. It's a favorite memory altogether.

My BF and I are pretty new, compared to many of these. We've been together for 6 months. He's the best guy I've ever met and the first time I know what it means for your lover to be your best friend.

Jeremy and I met on Plenty Of Fish. I was basically serial dating (no sex, just meeting so I could broaden my horizons to meet new people.) I was scrolling my inbox and his face caught my eye. I could see his personality in his eyes. I recall his message being pretty short and to the point. A "Hey how are you?" I checked out his profile and...idk...it was just clicking for me. He wasn't over the top and attempting to be smoth and eye catching like basically every other guy. He just talked about his job and his life...what he did for fun. I remember specifically him mentioning Stepbrothers. I knew I liked him immediately, but I wasn't out to get serious. I messaged him back, and quoted Will Ferrel and the convo was easy. I gave him my number soon after...I had many numbers at that point and had already gone on a date with two guys. He texted me and we lightly chatted. Learned about each other. Birthdays. Colors. Foods. Random 'Heys' and 'How are yous'. Something about him was so sweet. I already preferred his texts. He asked me out and I turned him down. I had a 2nd date with another guy I'd explained. It wasn't monogamous and I wasn't particularly interested in the guys but just in case the date went well and I ended up cancelling his date because of that. I thought accepting a date would be unfair. He understood easily. We kept texting though. I loved talking to him. The day the date was planned...I had to work last minute...and it meant I was in a rush afterwards to prepare for the date I'd had planned but I made it work. I texted him (my now bf) throughout. Already I loved that he didn't try overdo it and didn't change anything from being basically rejected. It made me feel like to him I didn't 'lose value' if I wouldn't go out with him, he was still 'him'. (Not always the case, especially with my guy friends who developed crushes on me.) Annnyways...the guy I had the date with cancelled last minute to help his brother move. I told Jeremy and he asked me "Aww. Are you upset?" I told him "Lol. No. I told you I wasn't that invested in him. It was barely date 2!" Or something along those lines.

Like two hours later...lol...he texted me "Well you wanna go out to lunch at TGIF's tomorrow for lunch?"(A restaurant I'd already mentioned as a favorite.) I loved that he wanted to ask before someone else had the chance and was making me an offer I couldn't refuse by including a restaurant I loved! "Sure!" I told him. He was like "Seriously?!" I was like "Yea. Duh." "You don't have to if you don't want to." I told him I really had only turned him down because of the situation. So...he was happy and said cool and asked what time was good for me. The next morning, he was like "You still planning to go?" I asked him "Why? You backing out?" He said "No! Not at all! I just wanted to make sure." "Of course I want to go silly!"

I don't drive, so he picked me up at my place. I don't know why, but I wasn't too concerned about him knowing where I lived. (Usually I find a public place to meet since I live near plenty of of places to meet up at, fortunately, it was decision I don't regret.) he made it a point to tell me how wonderful I looked and the look on his face and his tone made it clear he meant it. I returned it wholeheartedly with a beam. (And meant it) We talked pleasantly on the ride over, but I didn't get to really look at him much at that much. When we were seated...that was when the spark really...kicked in. I remember just...getting lost in staring at his face. The way his eyes sparkled, his laugh, his stunning smile. I was absolutely captivated and the convo came so easily. It just...felt right. Which is not something I'd felt before him. I'd had butterflies over guys before, sure, but with him...from day one 'it' was there. We didn't kiss. I've never given the opportunity on the first date, out of habit. We texted each other afterwards. He asked me if he'd kissed me, I'd allow him, I told him I liked to think I would have and explained that I never kiss on the first date, but that I would have. (My heart flutters to even think of it! <3) "Man. I wish I would have. I wanted to..." By the end of the day, we had date 2 planned...for the next day. Which went well. (We had our first kiss. We kept it simple.) So did date 3 the day after. (More kissing, but sweet and cuddly, though intense and powerful. Nothing hot and heavy, just sweet, romantic and deep)

Date 4...we took my son to a movie. It was a surprise for my son...so we went to Burger King beforehand, to avert the real reason we were out. While at Burger King, my son and I played a guessing game we always play while there...describing people and guessing who was being described. About 5 minutes in...my son said "Um. Well...him's a boy. And you kind of love him I think. And his name is Jeremy! Aww darn! I messed up! I wasn't supposed to say his name!!" Jeremy was chuckling...Iiii was MORTIFIED. I was like "I- I never...I've never even...I don't know where he...ohmigosh I...I'm so sorry. Kids, you know?" He smiled and I was quickly relaxed, hoping he'd written it off.

Later that day, per my sister's request...we stopped by my dad's. Long story. My sister invited him since we would be visiting that day and he lived on the same side of town...that he should come too! He'd accepted, much to my bafflement. So we got there, and my sister introduced him. "This is Ashley's boyfriend, Jeremy." I was flushing, I'd already explained to him how my sister could be, and described a similar situation years ago where my sister was making assumptions about a guy I'd dated in the past and how uncomfortable it had made me, but it didn't make me feel any less awkward. He gave me a comforting pat, and it took everything in me not to quickly rebutt the comment. I just smiled and looked away, neither confirming or devalidating it because I didn't want, in my awkwardness, to make it sound like it was alarming or undesirable.

The date should have ended there, but my older sister said "I'll keep kiddo, so you two can have some alone time." Okay, sounded good enough. We went back to his place, with a movie to watch. He showed me around. I sat on the couch and got comfy. He grabbed us a soda and came over to sit down. As soon as he approached the couch, before he even sat down, I knew the movie wasn't getting watched. All I could think about was kissing him and him touching me even though we hadn't before. He sat down and I pulled him in for a deep kiss. We cuddled and kissed and he told me he didn't want to cross my boundaries and he would never want to pressure me into anything. I immediately trusted him and knew (at that point) that I was glad he respected me so much. We kissed and it quickly built into an intense (above the waist) fooling around session. (Or at least over the clothes since we were pressed to each other and he had his hands on my butt and back. By the end of the night, I was fully prepared to go 'there' with him, but he kept it respectful. (I swear I could have cried, and he was 'prepared' for the job, but he did it out of respect and to keep his word with me.) We relaxed to a cuddle,me snuggled into him comfortably and talked for a while.

He brought up the awkward moment at my dad's. "Your sister huh?" "Yea. I told you she does that stuff." I laughed. "How did you feel about it when she said that? I know how you are about those things. And I saw how uncomfortable you were." "Well, I was mostly worried about...you. And how you would react. I mean...it's so early! But I didn't want to say anything because I also didn't want to make you feel like I was closed off to the idea. I was just...so embarrassed. Ugh. I'm so sorry. It wasn't you. Just the awkwardness." He squeezed me reassuringly to express that he understood. Shortly after, he spoke again, "So...do you want to then? You know...be my girlfriend?" Inside, I was jumping up and down, but I kept my composure. "Yea. I'd like that. I'm ok with that." he squeezed me again and I followed up, "You can be mine, I can be yours. That works." We went and picked up my son, and I got a text shortly after he dropped us off. "I hope you know I really wanted to. I just...I work in the morning and I might be gone for 12 days...(he works on a boat, 4 on and 4 off, and had scheduled overtime the week before which meant all 12 straight) when it happens...I want to have all night and hold you afterwards. Not take you home and have 12 days before seeing me again. It seemed wrong." I warmly told him I was glad he kept his promise and that it meant a lot that he'd been so considerate.

He told me afterwards that he found it especially cute what my son had said. I was of course a stuttering awkward mess again, even if he did like it!

I don't recall exactly when, but in the coming weeks, we fell quickly in love. We said it within a month or two.

Now we're working on month 7, and he still lights up my life. He has been so wonderful. He always knows exactly what to do and say. We've grown to be best friends. When he works his 4 days, we text often, and he calls to chit chat. He's loving, responsible, sweet, romantic, loyal, doesn't try to control me, we communicate, he's open. He knows my fears and shares his. I've never in all of my life trusted someone like I do him...in every way. He makes me feel so entirely lucky to have found him. I could recount several upon several occasions where he just...stuns me with topping himself. He reminds me every day with how he is as a person and as my partner...why I chose him. He brings out the best in me. I've never before him believed in forever. It never seemed real, or even desirable. Now though, it's gone from wishing we stay together to not being able to imagine being without him. To knowing that we have what it takes. We're compatible and dedicated. We just work. I couldn't be happier if I tried.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JDsWifey
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:43 AM

We met at work. We started dating approximately 4 months after meeting one another. I knew I loved him when I went on a trip out of state and instead of having fun I just missed him the entire time (about 6 or 7 months after meeting).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)