Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PA supplying cellular phones & paying phone bills.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM
  • 3 Replies

Do you think that the government should be supplying people on PA with cell phones? Even though it's not many minutes, IMO, it is still a luxury. People on PA are suppose to be working and trying to get on their feet so that they can afford these things themselves. And as we all know, cell phones bills can be expensive, but PA supplying one of the most popular electronics for free isn't really helping the situation. Same with them paying house phone bills. If PA keeps paying for everything, how do they expect people to get on their feet and do things on their own?

Opinion?

**Notice: This post is in no way meant to put down those of you on PA as I was once on PA myself. These are just simply questions. If you get offended, it's because YOU made it out to be more than it is.**

*Im a formula feeding, breastfeeding failed, playtex drop-in using, picture taking, parent choice products using, Baby-Gaga hating, proudly from a wealthy family, young, college student life loving, not ready to be married, living with boyfriened, fashion loving, shopping 'til I drop, Jeremiah adoring, kind of mom.*

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I do think a cell phone is a luxury..a house phone not so much...But I do think no long distance and limited calling should apply...Job offers have to be able to contact you...

Jmum
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

A lot of cell phone plans are cheaper than house phones, and with pay as you go there aren't credit checks, like a lot of phone companies require. Hardly anyone I know has a landline anymore so I would say a cell phone isn't really a luxury anymore. Not a barebones cell phone, at least.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Cells are generally cheaper than house phones, and because PA is giving them with the idea of emergency use (notice how little minutes you have), it's great that you can take it out with you. The phone is extremely basic.....you're not doing web searches on it. As someone progresses in their income, they will allow you to buy extra minutes to put on it. I think it's a good idea. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)