Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a best friend who lives nearby?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 AM
  • 22 Replies

Ever since college (which was a long, long time ago), I haven't had a close friend who lives in the same town as me.

I have a bunch of acquaintances, some sort of good friends, but not a super close friend in my area.

What about you?  Do you have a best friend who lives close by you? Or are your friends spread across the country like mine are?

on phone

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by ♥ char ♥ on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Nope notin the same town my BFF live like an hour away from me.

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I live within 2 miles of 5 of my best girlfriends, one of them is even a neighbor! LOL. Friends from high school and such, I still am close with a few but they are everywhere from the same town I am in, to New Zealand and California. But yes, I am blessed to have girlfriends very close to me.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I'm in MA, she's in MD. 

TBOYLE210
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM

My best friend lives very close to me, and I don't know what I would do if she didn't live so close!

Rowdys.Mom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I just moved away from my friends...but i've already made some pretty good friends up here where i moved to...its hard not having your friends close by!

crystal626rose
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I finally got mine best friend to move just a few minutes away and about a month later she was hit head on by a drunk driver and is in brain rehab an hour away . I have only one friend left and she lives about 30 mins away .

BabieBerrie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i just moved from Ct to GA last year, a friend of mine moved down here the year before i did but she is a few hours away, she's the closest friend i have to me now.

LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM

My best best friend currently lives in Cali...but she is moving here in a couple weeks...:)

NearSeattleMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Quoting crystal626rose:

I finally got mine best friend to move just a few minutes away and about a month later she was hit head on by a drunk driver and is in brain rehab an hour away . I have only one friend left and she lives about 30 mins away .

Oh, that is so sad!

CoeyG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Ever since college (which was a long, long time ago), I haven't had a close friend who lives in the same town as me.

I have a bunch of acquaintances, some sort of good friends, but not a super close friend in my area.

What about you?  Do you have a best friend who lives close by you? Or are your friends spread across the country like mine are?

on phone

One of my best friends lives with me, my daughter.   The rest of my close friends live in Canada, California, Missouri and Nevada.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)