Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom runs over her toddler

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 1 Replies

The thing I dont understand about this is why didn't they call an ambulance, especially if they had to do CPR in the driveway.

www.tdn.com/news/local/article_ae13e370-3d2b-11df-a648-001cc4c002e0.html

Rainier toddler in good condition after being run over in driveway

Investigators say Friday's incident in which a Rainier toddler was run over in her parents' driveway was an "unfortunate accident," according to a Columbia County Sheriff's press release.

Juli Jo Biddix, 27, told investigators she had placed her daughter, 2-year-old Cordelia Biddix, in the vehicle at 8 p.m. Friday and believed she was in her car seat. By the time Juli Jo Biddix began backing out of the driveway on Fern Hill Road, Cordelia somehow had managed to escape the vehicle and was run over, the press release said.

"The investigation by our deputy determined that the mother believed the child was buckled in, because the child was able to do so," Sheriff Jeff Dickerson stated in an e-mail response to a Daily News reporter's questions. "She stated she put her daughter in the car, expecting that the child would buckle herself in."

The toddler wasn't breathing, and a family member administered CPR. After Cordelia resumed breathing, the family took her to St. John Medical Center in Longview.

Cordelia then was flown by Life Flight to Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland, where she was treated for face and shoulder injuries, the press release said.

A St. John employee reported the incident to law enforcement.

According to a nursing supervisor at Legacy Emanuel, the child was in good medical condition Wednesday, upgraded from serious on Saturday.

The Biddix family did not return a reporter's phone call Wednesday.

Dickerson said he did not know the type of vehicle involved.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
CoeyG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM

When my daughter was a toddler her car seat was in the middle of the back seat behind the front seats of our van.  When backing out I would look in my rear view where I would see my daughter's reflection.   I would turn around checking all the "blind spots" and of course see my daughter in the car seat.   How this mother missed seeing her child in the carseat before she backed out to me would be questionable unless she is the type to just get in the car and back out and to hell with whomever/whatever might be behind her or with no regard to on coming traffic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)