Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH says god is a fantasy

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 68 Replies

My husband considers the idea of beleiving in God is a fantasy for ppl to escape any type of responsibility for their daily lives, or an excuse if something doesn't go right.
I cant say I agree, but he sometimes makes valid points.  I beleive in God and Jesus, my kids do too. We dont go to church because I have been to many churches and was turned off because of how they taught and preached. I feel it should be up to me how I beleive, not to be told how to beleive by one person.  We have free will for a reason, I choose to use it.
Your thoughts?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM
I'm agnostic...
kellensmommy08
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I agree with you %100.  I totally disagree with him.  I do not escape my daily duties lol that's for sure!

CoeyG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I'm not a Christian, I believe the bible is an account of history at best.  Not everyone has to have or desires to have a religion. 

MrsLavender
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM

The bible was written by people that heard "angels" talking to them ....

Really? You choose to believe this?

RheaF
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I agree with you. I have never used my faith  as a means to escape anything. If anything my faith holds me to a higher standard. I dont know who he has come in contact with but they are not the majority.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I am agonist also. My dh is Catholic and he says everyone interprets the bible differently and makes it be what they want it to be.  Which is why so many priests and ministers preach different cuz we all read something different. Everyone can get out of it what they want to get out of it which means different things for different ppl. I believe but am leary of what is truth and what actually is fictional that someone has made up

JSVDP
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Quoting MrsLavender:

The bible was written by people that heard "angels" talking to them ....

Really? You choose to believe this?

lol my husband feels the same way.

Buggy979
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I have to agree with what your DH said.. I do not believe in a god or jesus. Most people do leave it up to those two things and wait for an answer when the answer lies alone with the individual not a god or a man who is written in a book.

JSVDP
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM

my husband actually has said a lot of what you ppl have said. sometimes he makes jokes about christians, he really had fun talking crap about my ex boss. She was one of those ppl who did use god and the bible as an excuse for evrything.

possummom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM

the only time anyone brings "god" up around me...is when they are losing the arguement. i dont know if i believe or not. hard for me to believe in someone who "allows" so much heartache in this world. i know all about free will and crap like that. i just think the bible {i was raised catholic} when it gives so many mixed signals. I am pretty sure if i look hard enough...breathing just might be a sin like everything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)