Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How wrong am I in this case.... DH troubles

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

We own a sunglass store and DH often trades other local businesses glasses for their goods..... So DH trades the shoe store owner (his friend) a $300 pair of glasses for some shoes.... fine and dandy, right? Dh gets a $205 pair of shoes.... his third new pair since summer... gets NOTHING for me or the kids.... Liam has no summer shoes yet and Molly has even outgrown her winter boots (we still have snow) and is wearing Liam's which are too big.... would you be pissed? We had a HUGE OLD FIGHT over this last night... DH 'says' he is waiting for his friends more summer like shoes to come in..... but HIS new shoes are summer shoes.... I am so angry at him.... Am I wrong?

To top it all off.... In the past, I have asked Dh specifically not to hang out with this man who owns the shoe store.... he is a real jerk..... found his romanian wife as like a mail order bride and she is not nice AT ALL..... DH leaves our store to go to his to have beer in the middle of the work day, maybe missing a sale we need..... and chat and lies about it to me..... I told DH last night to not hang out with him anymore and to choose me and the kids or this man.... maybe it was in anger but DH stalled and said he WILL NOT give up this guys friendship... says I cannot dictate who he is friends with... this same guy who called me all kinds of terrible names when DH and I first got together and there was an issue with a mutual employee (that I fired for stealing from us).... and to add the last of the icing on the cake.... this man and his wife moved in about 3 doors down!!!!!! Dh says he will go there when he wants.....again, am I wrong here?

stay-at-home-mommy-1.gif                     

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kim3787
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Your husband sounds like an asshat. Sorry, I call them like I see them.

Della529
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I don't think you're wrong at all.

Mami2Jahzi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I don't think your wrong about the shoe's. That was very selffish of him. But I also don't believe that you should tell him who he can or can't be friends with.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM

You're not wrong in wanting him to supply shoes to the kids before himself. But you're wrong to think you can tell him who his friends can be. You're his wife not his mother. BUT...as his wife, he should have honored you back when you first got together and this guy was nasty to you. But if DH acted like that then, why would you think he'd change? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)