• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biological Clock

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
Is it silly to hear your Biological Clock ticking at 22 years old? I want to have another baby, but I want to finish school first ...and it seems like FOREVER until that happens! GOD!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Just_Bethy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

As I had my last one at 34..I'd say ..yeah a bit silly....lol...One lady I met in here is due with the 2nd at 42..her first was born when she was 40...You have about 18 years if not a few more before you 'clock' stops ticking.....

RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM
LOL. I know! I feel really silly, but it's there, ticking away! I wanted my 2nd to be closer in age to my 1st, and it seems like that's not going to happen. Ryan will be about 4 or 5 by the time I'm done with school. UGH.
Quoting Just_Bethy:

As I had my last one at 34..I'd say ..yeah a bit silly....lol...One lady I met in here is due with the 2nd at 42..her first was born when she was 40...You have about 18 years if not a few more before you 'clock' stops ticking.....

yvonne37
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I agree with just bethy.. take your time, finish school first.. you are in no rush. I have my first at 27 my second at 37 and I am preg. at 39!! this will be our last child, but believe me, its best to wait.. you are very young.

yvonne37
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM

well.. 5 years apart is not too much.. my son (14) is 10 years older then his sister (which is good, he helps out a lot) and my daughter is almost 4, will be almost 5 years older then her baby brother/sister.. dont feel bad, just finish school, you will feel better if you do and remember kids learn by example, show your little ones you have a career and they will want one in the future.

RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Oh I know. I'm on mirena and that thing isn't coming out until I graduate! lol. I refuse to have another child until I'm financially ready. It's bad enough Ryan had to be born to a family who wasn't ready for him. We're doing the best we can for him and it won't always be like this, but I won't have another one until school is done. It just sucks that I want another one, but I'm smarter than that. Kwim?
Quoting yvonne37:

I agree with just bethy.. take your time, finish school first.. you are in no rush. I have my first at 27 my second at 37 and I am preg. at 39!! this will be our last child, but believe me, its best to wait.. you are very young.

RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:31 PM
yes ma'am! That's what I'm trying to show him. I dont' want him to be like me, and do everything backwards. Thank you
Quoting yvonne37:

well.. 5 years apart is not too much.. my son (14) is 10 years older then his sister (which is good, he helps out a lot) and my daughter is almost 4, will be almost 5 years older then her baby brother/sister.. dont feel bad, just finish school, you will feel better if you do and remember kids learn by example, show your little ones you have a career and they will want one in the future.

LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Quoting yvonne37:

This is true.

Its better to have a stable family/finances/education/marriage...etc before having another child.

You have plenty of time.

wilesmomma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I know the feeling. I'm only 20 and I have that feeling. Of course I also have cervial dysplasia and am afraid of having the LEEP procedure done, to have a part of my cervix removed. But everything happens for a reason. Hopefully some day I will get my precious baby boy I have wanted for so long!

PamR
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I didn't have my first until I was 30 and had the last at 38.   Finish school, you have lots of time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)