• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A forever sign

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

The cross stands forever as a sign that God works through death, difficulty and suffering.

It seems as though difficulty and obstacles in our lives take us off guard and leave us bewildered.  It could be that God allows that stuff to happen  because of His greater purpose for us!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

This statement is so dumb...but thats just my personal opinion.

BigOlMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Yeah... why did I click on this?

Kaelansmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Why would christianity use a tool of torture and abuse as a religious symbol? Jesus was not the only man to be crucified......by using that symbol as part of your faith, you are celebrating every single criminal that was crucified as well

childoftheKing1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I agree with you 100%. Don't let what the other two moms get to you

MrsLavender
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Why would christianity use a tool of torture and abuse as a religious symbol? Jesus was not the only man to be crucified......by using that symbol as part of your faith, you are celebrating every single criminal that was crucified as well

Lil_ol_me9306
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Yeah, let's batter people with abuse and pain and then make them love me.  That sounds like a good idea!!!  eye rolling

How completely morbid and silly.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Torture and abuse are both brain washing methods.   Easier to turn them into parrots and lemmings that way.

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Wonderful...

so glad Islam believes he did not hang on that cross,,,and did not die a horrible death.....

ToraMay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Which apparently involves death... That is not MY greater purpose.

Quoting Aldea:

The cross stands forever as a sign that God works through death, difficulty and suffering.

It seems as though difficulty and obstacles in our lives take us off guard and leave us bewildered.  It could be that God allows that stuff to happen  because of His greater purpose for us!

glitterteaz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Ditto...

Quoting MrsLavender:

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)