Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helping my child to be happy

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

I Want to share a blog I just posted in my website (http://www.brainywoman.com/)

Positive Affirmations for kids

I’m very happy today. I go to the park with my daughter.

I run while she rides her bike. I’m amazed by her! She has learned a lot of bike tricks in just two weeks.

My daughter Daniela is eight years old. She received her first bike from her dad when she was two years old. She didn't learn to ride it, though. She was afraid.

I bought her a new one two years ago. I was pushing her to ride it – I love to ride my bike - but I would get frustrated with her because she didn't want to try. I started to look for a way to teach her how to use the bike. I'm a believer of the Law of Attraction, and I started to talk with her about positive affirmations and visualizing herself riding the bike and having fun. She started to say, "I’m having fun riding my bike. Yes, I can do it."

I gave her one week to practice her affirmations. I took off the training wheels and got the bike ready to use. And we started our first lesson. She was repeating "I can do it! I'm having fun riding my bike. Yes, mami, I can do it." I was having fun watching her. After an hour of practice, she could pedal her bike very well. The next day, she was riding her bike!!

Imagine all they can do by teaching our kids to believe in themselves and to be positive.

Daniela is a very good student, but she was having a little trouble with math.

I asked her why and she says, "I don't like math."

I say, "I know why you are having problems…"

Daniela began to understand and has started to say, "I like math! I'm very good in math. I'm getting better grades!”

And guess what? She is earning better grades and having fun doing math equations.

It is a challenge to be a parent and there are no manuals, but we can do a very good job if we are positive and happy. Believe in your child's goals and support whatever ideas and plans they have by being involved and encouraging. Help them to write simple, positive affirmations. It would help if you write a song with the affirmations and sing with them. Repeat with them until they memorize their affirmations. Kids have a very good imagination. They can create images in their mind easily. Help them to visualize doing the "thing" and having fun with that. Drawing a picture can help, too. Make a game of the process and have fun. This is a very good way to spend quality time with your kids and help them to be happy.

One more thing, don't forget to be a good role model. Talking (having words) with your kids is good, but being a good example is the best way to teach them. Practice what you preach.

Visit http://www.brainywoman.com/ ,  Love Yourself! Tell the World you are Pretty, Sexy and Smart!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
blsdbyangel07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Bump

Danyfer
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Thanks for reading my blog!!

CoeyG
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM

According to admin we are not allowed to advertise other sites no matter how helpful they may be unless they are within our siggies...I was called on the carpet for sharing links to my Lupus sites which have information regarding the disease as well as helpful links in how to deal with the disease.  I was told that it was Spam and that I could only use it in my siggie, I don't want to be the "party pooper" but what's goes for some should go for all...Admin are you paying attention here?

This is my "pixel crowd"  which represents the number of people who have been recruited as well as donated funds due, in part, to my efforts in spreading the word to Find A Cure for Systemic Lupus we are now 500 strong won't you join us?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)