Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were your babies born on your due date?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM
  • 71 Replies

I have a friend whose twins were just born at 30 weeks gestation.  (They suffered from Twin-to-Twin-Transfusion syndrome--they were delivered early by c-section.) They were about 2 and a half pounds each.

My own twins were born at 31 weeks but were both over 3 pounds. (They are adopted.  I did not carry them myself.)

Then my next son was born 9 days past my due date and weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces.

My daughter was born three days prior to my due date and weighed 8 pounds, 8 ounces.

What about you?  Were you babies born before, on or after your due date?

Were you induced?  (I was not either time.)

boy n girl

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Our oldest was born 2 days before his due date.  Our second was born 2 weeks before his due date. Our third was born 10 weeks (2 months) before her due date.

Kaelansmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM

My Kael was due on Feb 27 (give or take a day) he was born on March 10th. I was induced, because the boy was HUGE!

RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM
2 weeks late. I was due May 23, and he was born June 4.
RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:52 PM
yea. I hate you! lol. I was 2 weeks over due, and those were the LONGEST 2 weeks of my LIFE! lol. That's just not fair! lmao
Quoting jillbailey26:

Our oldest was born 2 days before his due date.  Our second was born 2 weeks before his due date. Our third was born 10 weeks (2 months) before her due date.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Had my daughter been born at 40 week she would have been born on December 25, 1985, instead she got greedy and didn't want to get both Chrstmas and birhtday gifts on the same day so she waited...I was induced on January 21, 1986 and she was born via emergency C-section.

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM

The one born 2 weeks early was 7lbs 12oz, so I'm sure he would've just gotten big and fat sitting in there for those extra 2 weeks.  I was glad. 

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

yea. I hate you! lol. I was 2 weeks over due, and those were the LONGEST 2 weeks of my LIFE! lol. That's just not fair! lmao
Quoting jillbailey26:

rosa_lee
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I was induced with both my daughters at 38 and 38 1/2 weeks. My oldest was due on November 7th I think and was actually born on Halloween. My youngest was due May 8th and born on April 23rd.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

barbiebubbles
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:57 PM

My first was one day late, so pretty gosh darn on time :)

My second was 12 weeks early.

My third was 6 weeks early.

My daughter had to be evicted... She was due Jan 15th and was evicted on Feb 8th after my placenta stopped functioning.

tcravey2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM

holy cow that almost a month late!!!

Quoting CoeyG:

Had my daughter been born at 40 week she would have been born on December 25, 1985, instead she got greedy and didn't want to get both Chrstmas and birhtday gifts on the same day so she waited...I was induced on January 21, 1986 and she was born via emergency C-section.

yeldraeY
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Josh was born 3 weeks early

David was born 1 week late

Twins were born 3 weeks early

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)