• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marriage Counseling?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

My DH and I are going to Marriage Counseling. Its the BEST decision we have made thus far. Has anyone ever gone to Marriage Counseling?? Has it worked? Are things better??

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ajtherad
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM

No, but here's a bump and good luck! =]

I love my wonderful Husband and my amazing Li'l Man!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
mferruz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I went to marriage counseling with my first H.  It helped me figure out that I wanted a divorce. 

I went with my current H as well when we were going through a rough patch.  It helped quite a bit.  Our marriage was great for a few years.  No rough patch now, just a bit of a lull.  Maybe we need a refresher course.  :)

mommyslove0607
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM

hope this doesnt happen to us!! lol

good luck with your DH now!!

Quoting mferruz:

I went to marriage counseling with my first H.  It helped me figure out that I wanted a divorce. 

I went with my current H as well when we were going through a rough patch.  It helped quite a bit.  Our marriage was great for a few years.  No rough patch now, just a bit of a lull.  Maybe we need a refresher course.  :)

CoeyG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Nope, when it got to that point in my marriage I didn't want to be married to him any longer.  

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Yup....we went for about 8 months, and at our last meeting, he announced that he was still involved with someone and had no plans on stopping. Obviously we got divorced.

valkins
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Unfortunately, for us it didn't work, and after 13yrs together, we are calling it quits. I think it can only work if both parties are willing to make a change within themselves, and if one is lacking to make a change, than it can't work, and that is what happened to us. Good luck, and just keep on working on it, and if you are both willing to make changes, and put in the hard work. I don't see why you wouldn't see results. Good luck! 

Abby1224
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I went and it didn't work for us.. However, humps in marriages are normal- its over coming them.. Been married for 8 yrs now.. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)