Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Read any Good Books Lately?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 19 Replies

I just finished Christopher Moore's Bloodsucking Fiends.   It's the first in his trilogy.  The last one just came out last month, it's called Bite Me (the second one is You Suck!  lol!)

I'd HIGHLY recommend anything you can get your hands on by this author!   He's freaking great.  You'll love him too, I promise!   Try A Dirty Job.   Anything.  

What are you reading?  

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Llanosep25
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Right now I am reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I just finished reading her Love the One You're With. It was very good. The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold was by far my favorite read of last year. The movie was awful but the book was wonderful. I am going to look up the books you suggested. I love vampire stories. :)

-Kney-
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Well right now I'm reading The Vampire Diaries. Then once I'm done with those books I'm going to read Lauren Conrad's books LA Candy && Sweet Little Lies. I also have Dear John && The Last Song to read.

I have a very long list of books to read.

Kaelansmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I am reading Becoming Enlightened by His Holiness the Dalai Lama

and a book on Richard the Lionhearted

tyfry7496
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Right now, I am reading Alcohol and Drug Abuse Rehab, Psychopharmacology, Abnormal Psych, and Counseling books. Oh wait, did you mean for fun? Yeah, when I have a little free time or my brain is going to burst from overload, I read "The Shack".

STACIEH
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I am reading the Lynsay Sands Argeneau Series.  It's a vampire romance series, but I have really liked all of the books in the series so far (i'm only 4 in). 

After Etan was a good book also.  It's about Etan Patz the 1st really big missing child case.

Raintree
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM

The Help! by... Kathryn Stockett I think.

sorgegal5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Well from my EXTENSIVE Nicholas Sparks library I just added to the collection "The Last Song"  I love the way this man writes.  My hubby loves it when I read his books also except for the fact that he is not 6'4 with piercing blue eyes and black wavy hair and a tan muscular build with quivering loins.  Well the last part maybe. LMAO

Lil_ol_me9306
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Finished and re-read Amanda Grange's Mr Darcy, Vampyre and now I'm reading her Mr Darcy's Diary, and yes, I mean Mr Darcy of Pride and Prejudice. 

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

I am reading Becoming Enlightened by His Holiness the Dalai Lama

and a book on Richard the Lionhearted

I started following His Holiness on Twitter....Wonderful words of wisdom....

glitterteaz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Do you like how to books on how to write definative research? or how about geology or US gov or history??? LOL I got text books!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)