Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A storm is coming!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:33 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have been waiting, oh...7 months for this. Tomorrow we're finally supposed to be getting a thunder storm. I am so excited. lol 

Anyone else love a good storm?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:36 PM

In 2002 moving from NewYork to California I got behind a glorious storm in Wyoming.  The sky light up almost blood red with the lighting It was BEAUTIFUL!  I had to stop early because of the storm but it was well worth being able to watch...spent some time trying to kick myself though because I didn't have my camera with me ! 

AJsMama09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM

not yet, it's supposed to be in the upper 70's tomorrow though!  BTW we have the same name!  I'm Caitlin too!

sailfishmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:41 PM
I do! I cant wait for our first big ones, the bigger the better!!!
blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Yes, I love & look forward to a good Spring thunderstorm as long as it does not develop into a tornado or any major devastating storm. It reminds me of a Rainforest & the continuous rains they experience resulting in much greenery & beauty. The nature of the Rainforest has been an interest of mine for many yrs. now~

umbrella       welcome spring.gif

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

Angel Cards

skinsfan26
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM

yup I do. I live in Tornado Alley-heard we could be getting it bad tomorrow.I have my camera charged and ready to take pics.  here is a pic of one storm from last year.

and some of the damage it did to our Expo center

Im a mom that loves to HUNT, FISH. Cheering on my Redskins and Sooners and OKC Thunder. I aint afraid to get dirty. I love driving my 4x4 Blazer in the mud.Im 100% Redneck woman.Oklahoma born and bred!

EdgeOfSanity
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:58 PM

There aren't too many Caitlin's our age, are there? Not many spell it like us either :o)

Quoting AJsMama09:

not yet, it's supposed to be in the upper 70's tomorrow though!  BTW we have the same name!  I'm Caitlin too!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Yea, I love a good thunderstorm... just not the really bad ones, lol. We have had a couple so far... but nothing more than a few rumbles and a streak of lightening in each.
I can't wait for a good one to come on!
I just hope we don't have another tornado warning when I have Jaxton like we did when I had Ashton! That was kinda scary! lol.

MemawBrie
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:14 AM

I think it's cool to watch lightening, but I don't like having it too close.  I love the smell after the rain =)

EdgeOfSanity
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:32 AM

I'm guessing it's not the smell of worms like we get after a good rain ;o)

Quoting MemawBrie:

I think it's cool to watch lightening, but I don't like having it too close.  I love the smell after the rain =)

nationmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:37 AM

I live in Northwest Arkansas and we have storms all the time. Lol!

I LOVE THEM!!! KIDS DO TOO! Husband is a sissy about em. Lol! Its like the only thing that can wake him up at night.
quietumbrella

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)