Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

2 weeks notice to day care

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 12 Replies

How do I write up a 2 week notice for my child being removed from day care center?

It's nothing to do with them just my son doesn't want to go & I have someone that we'll watch him for free so why spend the 62.50 a week if he only goes 2 -3 days a week. He fights all the other days and we've been going for about a month now.

by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loverbugsmommy
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM

why would you have to give them 2 weeks? just when you go bring him in, tell tehm that that will be his last day...

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Write anote make sure to date it.Write down thelast day the provider can expect your child.Do Not put any emotion into it.Just facts.You do not owe this person any reason for leaving. Do not give one. If she asks then you answer"child isn't happpy here" leave it at that.

Good luck with your new provider.If it were me I might show up with the 2 weeks pay and just pull my child out.

BabyJae
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Why don't you type a letter saying, "  As of  (date) my child will no longer be attending. Plain and simple. Oh and I cant believe you only spend 62.50 a week I spend $1600 a month on child care for 2 kids.

BabyJae
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Alot of daycares require a 2 weeks notice.  I guess so that if another parent is inquiring about bringing their child, they can tell them when they can start. Just in case they don't have any spots avaliable.

Quoting loverbugsmommy:

why would you have to give them 2 weeks? just when you go bring him in, tell tehm that that will be his last day...

loverbugsmommy
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM

oh ok that makes sense...

Quoting BabyJae:

Alot of daycares require a 2 weeks notice.  I guess so that if another parent is inquiring about bringing their child, they can tell them when they can start. Just in case they don't have any spots avaliable.

Quoting loverbugsmommy:

I am proud to say i am a breastfeeding(it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond),co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!)  mama to TWO

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I would just pay for the 2 weeks and start with the free sitter.

Why argue for the next 2 weeks. If you pay her, you have done what you were supposed to.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Just tell them you have made other arrangements that work better for you and your son.  Make sure you give the exact date that will be his last day.

sorgegal5
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Just like with a job; it is only a courtesy.  You don't need to expain your situation only allow them the time to fill the slot. 

HisSweetheart07
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 6:49 PM

I get away with 62.50 a week because I work there :) lol It's normally 125 a week for those who don't work there. So that's 250 a month with my discount or 500 without the discount for ONE child. I do not know how people pay so much for child care.

Quoting BabyJae:

Why don't you type a letter saying, "  As of  (date) my child will no longer be attending. Plain and simple. Oh and I cant believe you only spend 62.50 a week I spend $1600 a month on child care for 2 kids.

mommam58122
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM

thank you for all the time you have taken care of my son however i have found other care for him. please consider this my 2 week notice. (do u really have to give a 2 week notcie to a daycare if you arent going to send your child anymore?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN