Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many dogs have you had in your lifetime?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:31 AM
  • 19 Replies

I have had 2.  One when I was younger at home, and one now. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:38 AM

We had three miniature schnauzers when I was growing up.  In 2007, we adopted a rescued greyhound.  It died last year.  I won't have another dog.

So in total: 4 dogs

Terri

tinybubblez
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:42 AM

currently 1, but 7 total.

unbridled
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hmm.. let me see.

There was Sheena, the Gordon Setter my parents adopted when I was a baby.  She died when we were both 12.

Then came Spike, a lab/husky X.  He died last March at the age of 13.

Then my parents got Sasha, another lab X to be a buddy for Spike.  She's 13 now and still lives with my parents.

My ex and I got Echo and Biscuit when we lived in British Columiba.  Echo is another lab X that looks like a cross between Spike and Sasha.  The vet thought she was their puppy.  She'll be 5 this year and Biscuit, a rottie/GSD X I think is about 7.  I had to give him away.  We moved back in with my parents and Biscuit killed one of the cats :(  He went to a great family with another dog...and no cats.

Echo lives with my parents and is Sasha's companion.

And for the past 2 years my wonderful boyfriend and I have had Bailey, a Maltese X.  He's a bit of a spoiled brat.

So 6 dogs.  A home doesn't feel like a home without a dog.

SnowboardMama4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM

We got one when I was 2, then we got another one when I was 13.  When I was 19, my boyfriend at the time and I got two.  Now my husband and I have one.

So, 5.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I have had 7 dogs..... When I was very little, we had a black lab named Champ. After he passed, my parents got me a Lhaso named Noel.... then as an adult, I had my precious American Eskimo Sierra and Reilly, a Springer Spaniel.... Sierra passed on from cancer 3 years ago and Reilly lives with my folks because she is not kid friendly.... DH and I have Hera (aussie/lab/airdale mix) and Thor (lab/pitt/shar-pei mix)..... we had another dog, a Springer who also was not kid friendly (he bit Liam twice!) He went to a new home before Molly was born.

peaceluvrecycle.gif

-xoxo-
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM

We had a family dog when I was a kid, a female Dalmatian named Tia. As an adult I owned a female Chihuahua named Snuffy and I currently own a male Maltese/Shih Tzu named Burt Reynolds ;) 

ninipanini
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM

samthecat001
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM

i have had 3 (as an adult).  one died as a puppy and i have the other two still.
i know i had some dogs as a wee tot but i dont remember them.

BigBoMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM

9. My parents had 2 that they got when they were married, i got one when i was 5, we got one from a family friend when he went to college, all those died over the first 13 years of my life. Then we got Ginny for x mas when we moved to town, i got amy from a guy at wal-mart, My mom got kelly and carie when i went to college, and dh and i got peanut after we got married and moved to The City. You don't even want to know how many cats i've had

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)