Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found a lump

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM
  • 26 Replies

So by accident saturday night I found a lump in my breast. It issmooth, rubbery, movable, round and maybe an inch. I looked it up on the Internet and it said 80% of the time it is a benign lump. I am really worried :(. I made an appointment with my GYN for tomorrow. I am only 28 and the only history or breast cancer in my family is my aunt on my mom's side. Has this ever happen to anyone? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I had a lumpectomy when I was 35, although benign it did contain a small amount of cancerous cells, which is why I have to have a mammogram every single year (clean ever since lumpectomy over 20 years ago)

tinybubblez
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:39 AM

no, but my prayers are with you.

((hugs))

sharebearII
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I hope things turn out okay for you.  

:)   You should be fine.  

Brandyh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM

CHANCES are its benign!!!!!!!  So now you've found it and they will proceed from here....DEEP BREATH....more than likley they will try to asperate it to see if it is fluid filled.  Quit drinking caffine is what I was told, that makes for lumpy boobies (in my family anyways)...good for you for checking your breasts...keep us posted!!!

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I actually had that happen when I was a freshman in high school. It sounds like yours.... smooth, moveable... It was benign... they tried to do a mammogram but I was so flat chested they could not get a good read... they did an ultrasound... and then they removed it the following day and biopsied (sp) it and we had the results a day or two later.... I remember the Doctor saying that moveable and detached was a very good sign.... try not to stress.... ((((((HUGS))))))

peaceluvrecycle.gif

Megan521
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I pray everything is ok. If it runs in the family, it's good that you are getting a Dr. to check it out. I think they may also tell you to limit your soy intake. That's what they told my mother. Keep your chin up. I'm sure you'll be fine!! Please keep us updated. ♥

sassy43082
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I found one when I was about 36 but it only turned out to be a cyst. As long as it is movable that is a good sign. This is what my gyno told me. I am loaded with cyst.

BleedinHeartMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:56 AM

My breasts are one giant lump..I have fibrocystic cysts and every time I eat chocolate, drink sodas or coffee or eat anything with MSG I have severe flair ups and have to go have them drained

bakebiscotti
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I'll say a little prayer for you.  Does the lump hurt?

SunnyJoJo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I've had lumps(cysts)  in my breasts since I was 16. They do an ultrasound on mine every year to check the density I think and see if they've gotten bigger, and that's all they do with mine.
That's my experience with it really.

Your on the right track with a doctor appointment. Good luck! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's just like mine and they don't have to do anything but check once a year!! I would tell you to try not to worry about it but I know from experience that it's impossible to do that.

Layla honey.... We don't claw the dog's eyes out, she needs those to see...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)