Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you won any money on a lottery ticket, scratch off etc.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM
  • 8 Replies

I win here and there a few dollars but on a scratch off I won $500 one time!!  Couldn't believe it. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
eeyorerdl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

The most I've ever won is $100, but that was only once.  I've won $50 a few times...

youngmom33
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:04 AM

um, I have won a few times but never more than $5.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I won $1000 on a California scratcher called "Path to Money"... it was a $3 ticket. BUT, since it was over $500 I had to send it in to the lottery office and it took 10 weeks to get the money and they took taxes out so the check I got was only $667.

California also has a lottery Keno game you can play at bars and I won $442 once.... but with all the time I spent at that bar, I probably spent $3000 on playing the damned game, lol!!!

peaceluvrecycle.gif

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Yep, you have to pay taxes if its more than $600 here.  Glad I didn't win $600, LOL. 

I won $1000 in Vegas and there I didn't have to pay taxes.  The limit was $1200.  I was so glad to keep every single penny. 

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

I won $1000 on a California scratcher called "Path to Money"... it was a $3 ticket. BUT, since it was over $500 I had to send it in to the lottery office and it took 10 weeks to get the money and they took taxes out so the check I got was only $667.

California also has a lottery Keno game you can play at bars and I won $442 once.... but with all the time I spent at that bar, I probably spent $3000 on playing the damned game, lol!!!

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

ninipanini
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM

We won 200 on a keno ticket once, 4spot.  I won 100 on the NE lottery once.  I won 40 on a keno a few months ago & 3 on my last powerball ticket.  I have won countless 'free tickets'.

Last summer we won 200 on the quarter slots in Deadwood, SD.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Is Deadwood nice? I have an old neighbor from SoCal who has a place there... tells Dh the golfing is great... I have always wanted to go and visit....  my friend Lou went up there to see our friend a couple of summers ago and he didn't like it... thats why I was wondering...

Quoting ninipanini:

We won 200 on a keno ticket once, 4spot.  I won 100 on the NE lottery once.  I won 40 on a keno a few months ago & 3 on my last powerball ticket.  I have won countless 'free tickets'.

peaceluvrecycle.gif

ninipanini
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM

We loved our SD trip.  It rained the whole time we were there, but it was still fun.  We stayed at Gulches of Fun and they had a pool, fun park, etc, but the kids didn't get to do a lot.  The town was cool, there's a ton shops, etc.  Plus, we won.  LOL  Paid for our gas out there, anyway.

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

Is Deadwood nice? I have an old neighbor from SoCal who has a place there... tells Dh the golfing is great... I have always wanted to go and visit....  my friend Lou went up there to see our friend a couple of summers ago and he didn't like it... thats why I was wondering...

Quoting ninipanini:

tinybubblez
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM

cool!

one time, i bought a scratch-off and won $10. i quit whaile i was ahead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)