Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mississippi Vet Claims He's Oprah's Dad

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

NY Post: KOSCIUSKO, Miss. -- An ailing, 84-year-old World War II veteran is making a desperate plea to Oprah Winfrey: Please admit I'm your father!

Norh Robinson, 84

New York Post

Norh Robinson, a dirt-poor Mississippi farmer now living in a rural VA hospital, wants Oprah to submit to a paternity test that he says would once and for all prove that he sired her in 1954.

Robinson said he dreams of just once speaking with Oprah as father and daughter before he dies -- and revealed that, years ago, he tried to reach the talk-show queen to beg her to agree to a DNA test.

"I told her [in a letter], if she wanted, I'd give her one," Robinson told The Post in an exclusive interview this week.

In the letter, he placed mementos from his life, including his Social Security number and a picture of him from the Navy in World War II, he said.

"I never got no answer," Robinson told The Post. "I never did get no answer. If I did, it didn't get to me."

Possible? Your thoughts?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinybubblez
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM

he kinda looks like her. JMO

carterscutie85
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM

There are 2 sides to every story. Maybe she doesn't want to know if he is or not for her own personal reasons. I think we all should respect that.

FDNYwife
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I heard this.   Interesting.  I never knew she didnt have a dad growing up??

Kristanna

I agree lol

Quoting tinybubblez:

Jessymessy

does she have someone she thinks is her dad already?

jabs54
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM

He looks a lot more like her than her "real" dad!

carterscutie85
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM

On Wikipedia it says as a teen she was sent to live with a man she "calls her father" so maybe her mother met someone that raised Oprah as his own?

I don't think I'd want to know either. If he is really her father where was he all these years? Where was he when she was growing up? Wikipedia says she was born to a single teenage mom, it makes it seem like her bio dad wasn't around.

Some people only come crawling out of the woodwork when their child becomes famous. Aj Mclean, from the Backstreet Boys, had a father who walked out when he was 4 years old. Then when he becomes famous he all of a sudden wants to be there..gimme a break dude. There is absolutely no excuse for not being there for your child (barring something major like having a drug addiction, etc)

proudmotherof5k
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Quoting Kristanna:

I agree lol

Quoting tinybubblez:

TheJerseyGirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:54 PM

NO NO I'M Oprah's dad! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

CoeyG
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Does it matter?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)