Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever had a blue mole???

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I had my two girls 18 months apart and sometime towards the end of my second pregnancy (3 years ago) I noticed a blue mole between my collorbone and shoulder. I asked my doctor about it maybe a year and a half ago and he said that sometimes pregnant women get blue moles or strange spots on their bodies and not to worry about it. It doesn't bother me, hurt or anything but I have a vivid imagination and feel like it is a TINY bit more raised or something. It is REALLY small so I am sure it's nothing but I was curious is anyone has ever had a blue mole before?!?!

I took this pic. with my cell phone so it's not the best quality but just wanted to give you an idea of how little it is and if you had one see if it looked the same :)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Daytripn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Dermatologist! 

p88hbear
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM

My Nana had a purple one on the back of her neck - it was much bigger than that though - and she had it her entire life.  If it is "raised" enough, you could go to a dermatologist and get it lanced off.  They automatically send it for a biopsy... if you are concerned.

Love fiber arts?  Love a soldier? Join Hats4Heroes.org Group today!

Nursetashi
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM

My boyfriend has two blue ones. One big one on his foot, hes had it since he was little and one on his arm, its actually popped out and grew back lol..he never brought it up to any dr though you can reask your dr again if your worried...its the same color as yours...

TheJerseyGirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Go get it checked to be safe...blue is NOT a good mole color!

heavenly1462
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Ugh I am in the same boat as you mama! After tanning a couple times for my wedding a year ago, I noticed a small new freckle/mole on my pubic area(sorry tmi) and its tan in color...I am going to make an appt with the doc just to get it removed and to be safe. GL mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)