Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:54 PM
  • 26 Replies

...if you had a change jar or a piggy bank for your kid. Your DS/DD has picked up change in the parking lot, put it in his/her pocket and put it in the jar as soon as he/she got home. And has collected change from family and friends and put it in his/her jar for over a year and your S/O took all the money out of it to buy cigarettes and "snacks" with it!!! What would you do?

FYI: This happened to my SIL. Her and her B/F just broke up and the change jar went to his house. She was there dropping my niece off and saw that the jar was empty and confronted him b/f about it. He says that he needed cigarettes really bad and that my niece needed snack or something, so he dipped into it...he says he'll pay it back, but it's the principle of the thing. Would you be pissed or is it a big deal?

I think it's spring time, Ryan!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM

bump

KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I would be pissed! I actually had that happen to me when I was about 11 years old. My Dad and sister would "borrow" my money and never paid me back. I was trying to save up to buy a  Tv.  My mom saw how frustrated I was by this and took me to get a Tv because what they did was not right.  I will never do that to my child.

TDMumof3
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Totally P'oed....Of course I will give my kids money to hold onto and then end up having to dip into but I always try and make up for it in the long run!! Of course tho I'm mommy not so b/f
p88hbear
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I would definitely be upset... that was the baby's money - he stole from the baby!  What a raging jack@$$!!

ItsBethy_4180
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:05 AM

same.

Quoting TDMumof3:

Totally P'oed....Of course I will give my kids money to hold onto and then end up having to dip into but I always try and make up for it in the long run!! Of course tho I'm mommy not so b/f

carter210
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I would be mad. My son has 2 piggy banks and I know they have alot of money in them. One even has a 20 dollar bill in it from Easter. I would be so upset because thats for my son and whatever he wants to do with it.

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM

i would be mad. he didnt take it for something he needed it was for something he wanted. it might have been more forgivable if he had needed it for actual food or to help with bills or something although even as broke as we are now i would not want to take my kids money

mlmartinez
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM

i would for sure be pissed! Blake gets a lot of loose change in his piggy bank and one day I needed quarters so I went through his bank and replaced the quarters with dollar bills but I put the bills in there right away all I did was make change.  He also got a cash in some birthday cards and he used it and picked out a couple 5$ movies from walmart and they are HIS movies.  But I would never use HIS money for something like that for ME just not going to happen and if DF ever did he would be getting reamed and Blake would be getting DOUBLE that put back in!

RyansMommy6407
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:15 AM

b/f is daddy.

Quoting TDMumof3:

I think it's spring time, Ryan!

carter210
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Still the fact that he used it for something like cigarettes.. I mean wtf? Maybe bills like if the electric was getting shut off and that was he only option but not cigarettes!!

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

b/f is daddy.

Quoting TDMumof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)