Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Invisible Household Goods

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM
  • 11 Replies

I read somewhere about the household stuff that we buy that's invisible, that is until it runs out--Toilet Paper, Garbage Sacks, Shampoo, etc.

I chuckled at first, but it's true.  The mom/wife is the only one who sees these things, have you ever noticed that?  I love dh, but he has NEVER said "Hey we're ALMOST out of toilet paper." KWIM?  I make sure we have enough.  Everyone is using it but nobody thinks about it.

Thoughts? 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessymessy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM

this is funny because my husband will CHANGE the tp but i always realize when we are on our last roll that we need it! And you're right, it goes for expenses too. Like, I spent 100 dollars at walmart and 10 was on tp, and 10 was on cleaning products. my husband is like wait how did you spend 100 dollars on this food, im like hon, there is stuff other than food

ninipanini
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I forgot about cleaning products.  DH will ask me to pick up extra vinegar sometimes, though.  I use vinegar for cleaning most stuff(best glass/mirror cleaner out there). 

And dh will ask me to pick stuff up, too.  Like bar soap, razors, since I don't use them, I don't notice when we're low.

Quoting Jessymessy:

this is funny because my husband will CHANGE the tp but i always realize when we are on our last roll that we need it! And you're right, it goes for expenses too. Like, I spent 100 dollars at walmart and 10 was on tp, and 10 was on cleaning products. my husband is like wait how did you spend 100 dollars on this food, im like hon, there is stuff other than food

ninipanini
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:05 PM

What about coffee?  Or dishwasher soap?

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Yes I do know what you mean.  I find it amazing that I seem to be the only one who knows how to put a fresh roll of tp on the holder, or the only person here who knows how to put  a new bag into the garbage can.. 

ninipanini
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Not only do they not notice that it's empty, they don't notice if there isn't anymore to refill it.  I suppose they can't realize we need garbage sacks if they don't take the garbage out and put a new bag in the can.  LOL

Is that what people mean when they say "Being a mother is amazing"  LOL. 

Quoting CoeyG:

Yes I do know what you mean.  I find it amazing that I seem to be the only one who knows how to put a fresh roll of tp on the holder, or the only person here who knows how to put  a new bag into the garbage can.. 

Brandyh
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM

soap, shampoo, toothpast...toothbruses..I stockpile stuff..and will still get "mom were out of...."  alas i have to hand themthe item

ninipanini
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I do the same thing, stockpile, that is.  3 12 packs of tp, 2 boxes of d/w soap, shelves with lightbulbs(learned that the hardway, nothing worse than a bulb burning out and not having anymore, LOL).

Quoting Brandyh:

soap, shampoo, toothpast...toothbruses..I stockpile stuff..and will still get "mom were out of...."  alas i have to hand themthe item

blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Quoting ninipanini:

I forgot about cleaning products.  DH will ask me to pick up extra vinegar sometimes, though.  I use vinegar for cleaning most stuff(best glass/mirror cleaner out there). 

Thx. for posting. I've heard this about vinegar. Do you dilute it w/ a lil' water!? I'm so use to purchasing windex~

And dh will ask me to pick stuff up, too.  Like bar soap, razors, since I don't use them, I don't notice when we're low.

Quoting Jessymessy:

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

Fairy Glitter Graphic

mom_on_strike
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM

it goes the same here...i know when we need TP, soap shampoo, garbage bags, etc,,,but i don't think my DF has every really said hey we need_____ unless i managed to forget to buy that stuff...women are just awesome :P

jaxTheMom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:51 PM

My guy will usually notice when we are running low on something, and he's gracious enough to let me know.... 

(that's sarcasm; WHEN did it become MY job to be the buyer of the stuff simply because I have a uterus?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)