Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's just RUDE!!! (UPDATE #2)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 134 Replies

Last night at 10 PM I am feeding Lump his last "meal" for the night. As I am laying on the couch feeding the baby there is a knock on the doors... yes, both of them. The front door and the back door. DH gets up from the chair and opens the front door to see one of our friends standing there. He then goes to the back door and our friend's (the one at the front door) husband is there. DH gets beckoned out to the back with the husband and the female friend sits down in the chair.

For the next hour I am trying to settle down my baby for the night, play hostess, and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. They even woke up Monkey at one point by talking so loud. So, after my female friend uses some of my medicine, eats a salad she asked I make for her, and I bake a cake for them... they leave. They even took a piece of cake for the road... all three blocks of it.

It took me another hour to get Monkey to stay asleep and Lump to sleep (he was way over tired by that point.) The rest of the night, though, the children did their usual of taking turns waking up. I go to bed by 10 so I can get some sleep before it starts at 1AM. Lump usually sleeps through the night and it's usually Monkey and Red taking their turns every two hours waking after 1AM. Last night, though, Lump was so excited by the time it was for his bedtime, he also woke up during the night and was hard to sleep.

It's rude, right? To show up with no announcement at 10PM? Then the demanding of food for the entire hour? Our kids have set schedules for a reason. Monkey in bed at 7:30. Red in bed at 8:30. Lump has his last feeding and in bed no later than 10:15 (and that is if he wakes up after we place him to bed at 7:30 after bath time, which happens only at 9:45 for him.)

DH is going to tell them to not do that again. I am wondering why he didn't tell them last night, honestly... but would you do this to your friends? Would you just show up at their door late at night? What if your friends did that to you?

UPDATE:

DH told the man that I said they couldn't come over anymore after 8PM. The man told DH he needs to shorten the leash on me. He then went on to say I am too controlling and one thing I cannot control is him... so... yeah, I'm sure they will show up again anyway. DH has no balls. I am so angry right now. It wasn't MY idea to tell them to not show up after 8PM. HE was the one who was angry about it last night when the kids kept waking up.

I can't believe he did that. All because he doesn't want to loose his friend. What a... I can't even say the word because I'm too modest for that.... grrr....

UPDATE 2:

DH and I had a very long talk yesterday while we were trapped in the car together for an hour on our way to our bank in another town. We worked things out and are on a decent stance with each other again. I didn't have to accuse him of anything, because he mentioned it all himself. He knew he was being mean me to me.

Come around to 7:30 and we put Monkey and Lump to bed. Come around to 8:15ish and there is a person standing at our screen back door. DH's friend. They are here to visit our upstairs neighbor, but the friend wanted to know if my DH would come out and smoke with him (DH is quitting. He has the patches on.) DH tells him he can't and then asks me if I'm cold. Tells his friend that he'll hang out with him on the video game or call him later, and shuts the door and curtain (It's a sliding door.)

DH did eventually call his friend about an hour later to ask if he wanted to come to the store with him. I ran out of milk and he wanted a soda. They (yes, the wife was with them) never came into my place and I was able to get some work done on the house.

in lovepagan 2backpacktoddler boybaby boy Pagan Parents (March 14, 2006) to Red (2004), Monkey (2007), and Lump (2009).
jigsaw ribbon love you sign Autism and Deafness can't defeat us!
ttcHoping to add to our family!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM

My friends would never be so rude as to drop by that time of night, not to mention request I make them a cake and salad. You may want to reconsider being their friends.

Just_Bethy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM

No...I wouldn't do that to someone...and I wouldn't have let them boss me about either..I might or might not have let them in and made coffee..depends on who and how I was feeling..But I would NOT be making them food that time of night...

Wyndi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:21 PM

i was brought up that you don't call or visit anyone after 9 pm unless its a life or death situation.

I'd of been the one to say I'm sorry but its late and we are going to bed. Please come back at a decent hour. If I sound rude, I don't care. Its rude to show up at that hour.

Formernavybrat, former navywife, And Future navyMom.

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM

wow i don't even call people on the phone past 9:30 to 10 pm and neither do my friends so yeah it's rude as heck and I'd be having some strong words for them.

CMcLaws
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

My friends would never be so rude as to drop by that time of night, not to mention request I make them a cake and salad. You may want to reconsider being their friends.

Tawanda74
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:27 PM

My friends wouldn't show up at 10pm at night unless it was an emergency.  I would have had to say something last night.

Why on earth did you bake her a cake?

confused

Tawanda74
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Same here

Quoting Wyndi:

i was brought up that you don't call or visit anyone after 9 pm unless its a life or death situation.

I'd of been the one to say I'm sorry but its late and we are going to bed. Please come back at a decent hour. If I sound rude, I don't care. Its rude to show up at that hour.

Bats' Belfry

Kenre
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

It's DH's best friend and the wife of friend. She shows up like that a lot, once even at midnight and asked if I could make her Asian omlets... and I got a second degree burn on the rice cooker that night because I was so tired I spaced out and reached over it to get something.

DH says that last night was the last time that is going to happen, though. He is also sick of it. He is going to tell them to go away from now on.

I like having a friend, but I am starting to feel used honestly.

in lovepagan 2backpacktoddler boybaby boy Pagan Parents (March 14, 2006) to Red (2004), Monkey (2007), and Lump (2009).

strongerthanB4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I have had friends come over at 3am, and we don't answer the door at all.

Kenre
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM

She finished the salad and said, "So, what's for desert?" I had shrugged and she said, "Still have those cakes in the cabinent?" Then her husband chimed in, "Oooo cake..." and my husband said, "Yeah, that sounds good." So, I made a cake.

Quoting Tawanda74:

My friends wouldn't show up at 10pm at night unless it was an emergency.  I would have had to say something last night.

Why on earth did you bake her a cake?

confused

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)