Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is Bluetree ? (Christian)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 1 Replies

Bluetree Inspired by CFI's Mission in Burma

although CFI has benefited from the support of thousands of individuals and churches throughout the years, nothing may prove to be quite as remarkable as our latest alliance with the contemporary Christian band, Bluetree.

When CFI's "Crisis in Burma" tent exhibition was featured at the Big Ticket Festival in Gaylord, Michigan in June 2009, Bluetree band members were especially moved by the display's haunting sounds and images, the tragic testimonies of four young Karen children highlighted in the exhibition, and the stark reality of Christian persecution in Burma.

"Basically, I'm just blown away by this whole thing," said drummer Jonny Hobson regarding his tour of the "Crisis in Burma" exhibition.  "It seriously breaks my heart... I feel that God has given me a new revelation, a new passion for this... You read everyday about people being persecuted, but you don't actually realize it."

Bluetree, a Christian worship band formed in Belfast, Ireland in 2004, is well known for its song "God of This City" a single that was featured on an album of the same title that skyrocketed to No. 125 on the Billboard Top 200 chart following it's US debut in March 2009.

The single "God of This City" was inspired by the band's mission trip to Pattaya, Thailand, after witnessing the effects of the city's harsh poverty.  The band has experienced international success since the song's release and is a nominee for the 2010 Dove Award. 

Learn more about Bluetree by visiting their website at www.givmusic.com/bluetree.

listening to tunes

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AutumnLeaves79
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:14 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)