• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh my Lord!!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hoarders: Buried Alive

Have you ever seen this show??? Goodness sakes it's horrible!! Do any of you know

someone like this???

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Robyn218
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM

My closet sometimes resembles that show... LOL

Actually, I have a friend who is a hoarder. She knows she needs help, but I believe it's a mental illness.  I go once in awhile and try to help her get a handle on her house.  I take my housekeeper and her daughters to help, and members from her church come to help too. Her kids will NOT step foot in the house anymore.  They've tried for years and have just about given up.  

My poor friend freaks out just throwing away a bag of garbage.  She can't seem to throw anything away, even the wrappers and boxes from food.  She literally will not put anything in the trash.  She goes to thrift stores, yard sales, etc. and constantly brings more junk to her home.

It's so sad. She has grand kids she hardly ever sees because her kids won't go there....  She looks like a bag lady and has money in the bank. Her house on the outside front looks great. The backyard is another story. There are boxes and boxes of stuff in the back that have been left out rained on for years.  She has boxes of old hand bound books her father left her and they're still in the boxes in the backyard from about 10 years ago.You know they're ruined and they were worth $$$$.

Don't get me started on her kitchen.  She eats old moldy food because she can't throw anything away.  Her refrigerator  is completely stuffed and smells like a body is decomposing in there. 

So, Yep, I know someone and it breaks my heart.  One day she is going to be buried alive never to be seen again...

mollymae09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

My boyfriend's mother!!! her stuff is all organized, but she has SOOOOO much of everything. I don't tell her what I'm gonna buy anymore, cause she'll go in a closet and dig out a box from YEARS ago... of exactly what I was gonna get. The whole upstairs in her house is filled with stuff!

maciymommieof3
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I have been watching it and its a bit depressing

AnitaVersion2.0
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:29 PM

My grandma was like that in her later years.  She was a child in the depression and as she got older it just got worse and worse.  The last fifteen years of her life, nobody could enter her house.  Well, not safely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)