Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home induction

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm just curious if any of you have tried to induce labor at home, and how did you do it?

I've heard some off the wall suggestions..lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:13 PM

No way.  And I have no doubts the ways you have heard are nothing but old wives tales (ingesting laxatives to "get things started) also can cause Meconium aspiration syndrome

tericared
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Dont do anything.... I listened to a mid-wife and took Castor oil....Almost caused the death of my child....At home induction is not a safe thing....why induce if your body inst ready?

Jessymessy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:20 PM

um nooooo

mollymae09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM

To clarify- No, I won't induce. I've just been hearing a lot about it lately.

And yes, I know about meconium aspiration. I had it when I was born and it's caused a lot of long term health issues.

The ONLY 'induction' technique I'd use would be walking...and not for the sake of induction, but to be healthy.

Jessymessy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM

stupid random thing here, every time i look at your avitar i get confused, do you have a bigger picture of that same one you can share on here? I don't know, maybe its just my eyes, but i see your head, and a bunch of lines underneath and i just cant figure out what the lines are! it drives me crazy every time i see it!

tericared
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Quoting mollymae09:

To clarify- No, I won't induce. I've just been hearing a lot about it lately.

And yes, I know about meconium aspiration. I had it when I was born and it's caused a lot of long term health issues.

The ONLY 'induction' technique I'd use would be walking...and not for the sake of induction, but to be healthy.

Walking and water....there you go...

Every asshole who ever chanted 'Drill baby drill' should have to report to the Gulf coast today for cleanup duty. -Bill Maher

Army_Wife41
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Sex is a good one. lol

mollymae09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Quoting Jessymessy:

stupid random thing here, every time i look at your avitar i get confused, do you have a bigger picture of that same one you can share on here? I don't know, maybe its just my eyes, but i see your head, and a bunch of lines underneath and i just cant figure out what the lines are! it drives me crazy every time i see it!

Lol the lines are from the light on my old webcam. I liked the picture but the lines drove me nuts!

CafeMom Tickers
Robyn218
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I was a few days over with one of my 5. I went to a Mexican restaurant and ate a big bowl of beans and the hottest hot sauce I could stand.  Five hours later I had to go to the bathroom big time and had nasty horrible gas.  YES, I went into labor.  I farted my way through that delivery.  Never again.  I HATE beans.

Coincidence???

elleinad
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:20 AM

They're all old wives' tales. The only thing my doctor recommended was sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)