Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iPhone v.s. Dishwasher

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ok. What are two OBJECTS (not people pets tvshows etc) that help you preform you mom duties and that you wouldn't want to ever have to choose from? And why are they so helpful to u?

I use my iPhone for games on long trips,YouTube cartoons for my two yr old and even use it while he sits on potty(he watches the Elmo potty song) it's my calender. My shopping list. Helps me plan meals......

My dishwasher......well. Let's just say....I have 3 kids + a grown man+ two pets and we avoid disposible plates as we are trying to reduce our carbon footprint.

I hope I never have to choose
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I raised my kids without anything electronic and without a dishwasher. hahah. But for something to always keep them busy when they were little......for Joshua, it was books....for Caitlin is was scotch tape. haha 

LokisMama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:38 AM

I couldn't care less about the i-phone.  But the dishwasher? 

The new place that we're moving into has a dishwasher and I am thrilled!  I am so freaking tired of washing dishes by hand!

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I say you don't need either.  I grew up never having a cell phone.  I grew up without a dishwasher.  Never had one till I got married and moved to an apartment.  I was the dishwasher in my family. 

embarrassed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:35 AM

OK.  She wasn't asking you all to critique her choices - she was asking what YOUR 2 "must-have" objects are...

Mine? Music and something to play it on (CD Player, MP3 player - heck even a tape deck will do, lol) because whenever anyone in the family gets in a "funk" or is in general in a bad mood - throw on some 50's music and dance and we all perk right up.  It's a lifesaver.

And, since my dishwasher appears to have DIED this morning - and because I lived for many years without one and know what that's like and how much better it is with one - I vote dishwasher for my 2nd...I have 3 kids as well :)

Woodbabe
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:35 AM

My washer and dryer

~Parenting is not a Competitive Sport~
Brianne036
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM
I feel for you:). My dishwasher is the first thing I ever bought myself with my first paycheck six years ago. I've moved it to 3 houses lol it's still going strong in the house I bought 4 yrs ago. I'm not even tempted to update and get a new one.

My iPhone is my computer. I don't think my pc has been turned on in months. I use it for cafemom myspace facebook emails. It's my gps and it even keeps track of my period. I have only had it 5 months but I'd sure be sad to see it go

Quoting LokisMama:

I couldn't care less about the i-phone.  But the dishwasher? 

The new place that we're moving into has a dishwasher and I am thrilled!  I am so freaking tired of washing dishes by hand!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianne036
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Well these are just two things I enjoy having in my life for a little help. The post is asking what are two things in YOUR life:)

Quoting atlmom2:

I say you don't need either.  I grew up never having a cell phone.  I grew up without a dishwasher.  Never had one till I got married and moved to an apartment.  I was the dishwasher in my family. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianne036
by on May. 31, 2010 at 10:37 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)